Bangkok Old City Walking and Canal Tour By Longtail Boat
Bangkok Old City Walking and Canal Tour By Longtail Boat. Situated just north of Bangkok’s Chinatown, the Old City (Rattanakosin) houses a glittering array of spectacular and revered temples, historic palaces, and ancient architecture. Important highlights in Bangkok Old Town include the regal Grand Palace, the awe-inspiring beauty of Wat Phra Kaew, as well as the traditional learning center Wat Pho. To explore these and other top tourist sights in Bangkok’s Old City, book with us to kick off your trip!
- Enjoy more time to take in the beauty and history of the historical landmark with the ticket’s skip-the-line access.
- Visit the attractions around the Grand Palace including Wat Phra Kaew, Royal Pantheon, Coronation Throne Hall, Royal Reception Hall, Royal Funeral Hall, Wat Pho, and Wat Arun.
- Visit the Royal Barge Museum, restored by the Fine Arts Department as part of the Thai cultural heritage.
- Savor some local street food for lunch and end the journey by riding a longtail boat in the canals and main Chao Phraya River.
- Admission fees to the Grand Palace and the Emerald Buddha Temple
Local Thai street food lunch and drinks
- Professional licensed guide
Admission fee to Wat Arun
- Admission fee to Wat Pho
Long Tail speeding boat
- Gratuities for the guide (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Tha Maharaj (Maharaj Pier)
Tha Maharaj, Khwaeng Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
You have to come to the meeting point by yourself and check in your ticket 30 minutes before departure time.
What To Expect
Start your tour with a visit to the Emerald Buddha Temple. Pass by the amulet market, one of the most famous historical community markets of Rattanakosin Island.
Explore the Grand Palace, the official residence of the Kings of Thailand, now used for official events. Pass Tha Thien Market, a cultural food market. Visit the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, Wat Pho, considered the earliest center for medical public education.
Rest and try Bangkok’s local street food in Tha Tien. Sample Thai street food for a taste of Thai cooking traditions. Continue your journey to Wat Arun, one of Bangkok’s most famous landmarks known for its giant tower, standing 70 meters high.
Take a speedboat to Thonburi, the former capital of Thailand. Many of the traditional small waterways, Khlongs, still exist there. Visit Royal Barge Museum, restored by the Fine Arts Department as part of the Thai cultural heritage after being destroyed in the Second World War.
- Participants on this tour should note that the chapel is a national shrine and you will be required to wear proper attire: no bare shoulders and knees, or strapless-heel shoes
On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund
- Photography is permitted in the Royal Palace Grounds and in the compounds of the Emerald Buddha Temple, but not inside the buildings
- Shoes must be removed before entering the temple buildings as a matter of respect
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You come by yourself to meeting point.
- Restroom facilities are available
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.