Doi Luang Chiang Dao Trekking One Day Tour From Chiang Mai
Doi Luang Chiang Dao Trekking may be a new experience for you. In case you’re interested in it but you don’t know where to go, then here is your suggestion. The local guide will take you trekking in one of Thailand’s most beautiful national parks, the Pha Daeng National Park in Chiang Dao, Northern Chiang Mai province. Home to the 3rd highest mountain in Thailand, Doi Luang, 2225 meters above sea level. It has been originated mainly from limestones. It is believed that Doi Luang Chiang Dao was once a sea area. Yeah, you heard it right! A sea area! After the creatures like corals and shells died, their ashes started to gather each other. As time went by, the ashes have been transformed into a mountain, without any water source at all, but various kinds of greeneries.
- Spend a day at Pha Daeng National Park in Chiang Dao, Northern Chiang Mai province.
- Follow ancient opium trade trails and visit a Lahu tribal village, the Pang Tad waterfall, and coffee plantations.
- Enjoy the beauty of this rain-forest and its diverse flora and fauna, with big old trees and beautiful vines and bamboo growth.
- The hike will be 14 – 18 kilometers depending on the weather and season. A medium fitness level is required!
- Transportation (Round trip hotel transfer within 5km radius of Chiang Mai old town)
- National park entrance fees
- Lunch, Drinking water, Fruit
- Tour Guide
3 Rachadamnoen Rd, พระสิงห์ เมือง Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
- All Hotel in Chiang Mai Town
What To Expect
Experience a completely off the beaten track hiking trail in one of Northern Thailand’s most beautiful National Parks, Pha Daeng National Park in Chiang Dao. This park is rich in fauna and flora. The trails within this park are incredibly scenic and non-touristic. Here you will hike a one-of-a-kind special hiking trail, walking 4 – 5 hours through the heart of the rainforest. Visit waterfalls, viewpoints and learn about the jungle and Karen hill tribe culture from your guide. The park is located alongside Doi Luang Mountain, the third highest mountain in Thailand.
- Child ticket age between 10-12 years.
- Free round trip hotel transfer within 5 km radius of Chiang Mai old town.
- This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.