Highlight of Ayutthaya & Ayothaya Floating Market Tour From Bangkok
Visit the main highlight of Ayutthaya. Visit the ancient ruins of the temples. Enjoy the gorgeous scenery in a Thai at Ayothaya Floating Market. This tour takes you to explore the most distinguished temples of Ayutthaya. You will see its rich cultural heritage, seeing what’s remained of this ransacked city. You will visit the main highlights, plus a few hidden gems, of what was once the most splendid city in South East Asia. Visit Ayothaya Floating Market, this newly built market is a tourist destination in a spacious area like traditional floating markets. This market has a retrospective ambiance and more than 200 shops of foods, souvenirs, local products, crafts, and other stuff. It can be said that you can find almost everything here. There are also many fun activities for you to enjoy.
- Take a day trip to the ancient city of Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand, and visit iconic sites including Wat Phu Khao Thong, Wat Lokayasutharam and Wat Mahathat.
- Visit Ayothaya Floating Market. Enjoy the pleasant environment and gorgeous scenery in a Thai.
- Ride a boat to see around the market area and see the mini light and sound show about the history of Ayutthaya.
- Enjoy elephant riding to see some fields and ancient ruins in the neighborhood.
- Includes lunch and pick up from your hotel or meeting point in the center of Bangkok.
- Air-conditioned minibus transportation
- All admission fee
- Tour guide
- Lunch (Thai food), no drinks (please prepare your drink by your self)
- Drop off Khaosan Road Only
- Elephant riding fee
Chana Songkhram Metropolitan Police Station
20 Chakrabongse Rd, Talat Yot, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200
Asia Hotel Bangkok
296 Phayathai Rd, Thanon Phetchaburi, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
88 Soi Sukhumvit 19, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Chana Songkhram Metropolitan Police Station : 74 Chakrabongse Rd, Talat Yot, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200
- Asia Hotel Bangkok : 296 Phayathai Rd, Khwaeng Thanon Phetchaburi, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
- Terminal 21 : 88, Soi Sukhumvit 19, Sukhumvit Road Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in the following areas: Khaosan, Silom, Sathorn, Sukhumvit (Soi 1-24), Asoke, Pratunam.
What To Expect
After meeting in Bangkok in the morning, start the 2-hour drive to Ayutthaya. The ancient city of Ayutthaya was founded around 1350 and became the second capital of Siam after Sukhothai. On this full-day trip, you will explore the ruins of the old city. You will see its rich cultural heritage, seeing what’s remained of this ransacked city.
Continue your tour with a visit to the Ayothaya Floating Market. This market has a retrospective ambiance and more than 200 shops of foods, souvenirs, local products, crafts, and other stuff. After lunch, you will visit 2 more historical sites, Wat Mahathat and Wat Chaiwathanaram to discover the historical ruins of the great temple sites. You will return to Bangkok at around 03:00 pm.
- Child ticket: Age between 4-7 years.
- You come by yourself to the meeting point or pick up from your hotel in the following areas: Khaosan, Silom, Sathorn, Sukhumvit (Soi 1-24), Asoke, Pratunam.
- Send you back to Khaosan Road Only (Khaosan Road is a famous destination for a backpacker).
- Visitors are requested to be dressed properly and appropriately upon entering the temples. The dress code is smart casual and the minimum age is 4 years.
- This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately.
- This itinerary may be subject to adjustments by the tour operator according to traffic and/or weather conditions.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.