John Gray’s Sea Canoe Hong By Starlight From Phuket + Loy Krathong
John Gray’s Sea Canoe Hong By Starlight From Phuket + Loy Krathong. Discover awesome scenery and create lasting memories of your travels. Go on the world-famous tour of Phang Nga Bay created by the godfather of sea kayaking John Gray. Enjoy kayaking, swimming, and relaxing at Hong Island and Panak Island. Discover the most spectacular scenic regions in Thailand during a cruise to Phang Nga Bay. Take part in a unique Thai tradition of setting floating lanterns on water after dark. Enjoy an authentic Thai buffet meal on board as you sail through stunning landscapes. Enjoy the convenience of pick-up and drop-off direct from your hotel.
Hotel pickup and drop-off on the entire Phuket Island or Phuket Airport
Full board meal plan with lunch, dinner, bottled water and herbal tea
Comfortable and modern twin-engine escort boat
English and Chinese speaking tour guide
- Kayak equipment including a dry bag
- Caveman’s SOTAR sea kayaks
Life jackets on-board
- Travel insurance
- National park fees
Ao Por Pier
Ao Por Pier, Andaman Sea, Pa Klok, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up from anywhere in Phuket. If you are staying on the hill, you have to come to a nearby hotel
- Please plan to meet your driver at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-show
- The exact pickup time will be confirmed by email after you have made the booking
What To Expect
Enjoy an afternoon of sea cave exploring literally inside Phang Nga Bay’s marine geology, – including the caves and hidden lagoons John Gray found in 1989. Great nature and wildlife surround you. Our World Famous Entry Trip starts mid-day to avoid the crowds, customized transfers included. Don’t eat lunch we serve you onboard our comfortable support boat. After lunch, briefing, and a raptor show, a professional guide paddles you through Phang Nga Bay’s “Tidal Nape Sea Caves” in our custom designed kayaks hand-made in Oregon by SOTAR, the World’s premier white water raft manufacturer. The unique experience is dramatic, but Caveman’s SOTAR custom kayaks are specially designed for your trip. We’ve never capsized, punctured, or had an accident.
After a detailed briefing, your professional guide paddles you and your partner through “Tidal Nape” Sea Caves literally inside Phang Nga Bay’s marine limestone karstic islands into “Hong“(Thai for “Room”). The hidden cliff-lined lagoons are populated with macaques, water monitors, kingfishers, mudskippers, egrets, Sea Eagles, and Brahminy Kites. We finish after dark by floating your own self-made flower “Kratong” in a spiritual and spectacular Natural light show. Eating our delicious seafood-vegan buffet on the trip back, you return to the pier two hours after sunset. Guests say our evening Loi Kratong ceremony complete with fireflies and dinoflagellates (bioluminescent plankton) is a “Spiritual Experience”, “Best Trip of our lives anywhere”, and “Best Thai Food We’ve ever had and on a boat”. We shop daily for the highest quality of healthy ingredients. Seafood is net caught and chicken is free-range. Brown, red, and black rice is served with “Broke ‘da Mouth” homemade Masaman curry.
- There is a minimum of 10 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund
Guests who are pregnant or have high blood pressure, heart disease and bone diseases are not recommended to join the tour
- Vegetarian food is available upon request, please indicate your special dietary requirements at checkout.
This tour may not be able to accommodate Halal restrictions.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children aged 0-5 years can travel for free.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child ticket age between 6-12 years.
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
Similar Things To Do
Great trip, but bring a bathing suit and your own towel
Awesome guides, food and caves. Mr. u201cUu201d was our guide, and he was also in charge of the trip. He really made our trip worthwhile. My only suggestions would be to list on their site to bring a bathing suit and a towel. They donu2019t mention it and if you want a towel (and he will get wet so I would recommend it) you have to pay 100 bhat ($3 USD) to rent one.nAlso, we were supposed to make our own Loy krathong, but he did 99% of it. I wouldu2019ve liked to have done some of it myself since I like arts and crafts.
The Most Magical and Romantic Tour
This tour was arguably the most romantic one of our entire vacation. The sea caves and the hidden lagoons are beautiful. Each couple is assigned a guide who stays with you throughout the day and helps with everything, including making the most stunning loy krathongs and paddling the canoe. The food is freshly prepared on board and delicious. The end of the tour is magical where you float the loy krathongs and then dip your hands into the bioluminescent waters and see sparks shoot out of your hands. Would recommend 10/10.
Our personal guide Friand was the best. Glad we were assigned to him. He was funny and his english was good as well. Overall the trip was smooth and above expectations, view was amazing and food was great. We were lucky the weather was not too hot on our trip day as well. They kept cleaning the boat after every stop and every meal which was a plus point. Kids friendly and the kids who were on board had a lot of fun.
Stunning Nature, Adventure, & Thai Culture, Accessible to All
tr;dl: This experience combines stunning natural beauty, a little bit of adventure and physical activity and exposure to Thai culture. This is the perfect package.nnI was on the fence about booking this activity because I couldn't decide if all the travel and potential crowds would diminish the experience. Like other reviewers, I think this will end up being the highlight of our trip to Phuket.nnNot enough is said about the stunning natural beauty of this location. You boat out to an amazing collection of islands that feel like a unique ecosystem, mostly untouched by humans. The towering rocks hide secret cave entrances that allow you to narrowly float into them to reveal pristine lagoons. We saw bats, crabs, a tucan, other birds and even one monkey. The forest sounds alive with happy inhabitants.nnThe trip included time for swimming in the lagoon and self-kayaking. We also enjoyed the Loy Kratong ceremony at the end of the day. It was a wonderful opportunity to be exposed to a Thai tradition. nnYes, the food is amazing. They have a team making fresh, hot cooked meals on the boat. And, enough can't be said about the guides who make the passage into the Lagoons safe. Thank you to Doon and the three other guides that assisted my family's adventure. If I have the good fortune of coming back to Thailand again, I would definitely book this trip or consider one of their extended camping adventures. You will not be disappointed with this trip.
A day full of fun and adventure!
Before we went on the tour we worried that it was going to be long day but it flew by!nIt was an amazing experience getting to explore multiple caves on a canoe, a canoe that gets paddled for you by your own tour guide. A shout out to our guide 'Saman' who was extremely lovely and showed us a great time.nA highlight for us was the last canoe trip into the caves at night where the water inside is bioluminescent and it's like you're in a Disney movie with the water lighting up blue when you run your hands through it. nLunch and dinner are both provided and are both very lovely and fresh.nA magical day, would highly recommend.