Biking Downhill Road Above Chiang Mai
Spend a great day mountain biking downhill road above Chiang Mai. Biking down pass through the Doi Suthep hill tribes villages, the Queen’s Palace, and a visit to Doi Suthep Temple which is magnificent views of Chiang Mai City from above, this is everyone’s all-time favorite downhill fun ride. Doi Suthep is a well-known mountain in Northern Thailand that is also home to Doi Suthep Temple(Wat Phra That Doi Suthep), a sacred site among the Thai people. Wat Phra That Doi Suthep has a variety of statues, temples, and beautiful architecture that will give you a peek into the Thai Buddhist culture. You’ll also be rewarded with a breathtaking view of Chiang Mai after a short hike.
- Bike tour includes the use of bicycle and helmet
- The guide provides navigation and insightful commentary
- Lunch at altitude with great views over Chiang Mai
- Transfers from each point are also included in this tour so no need to worry about the hassle of commuting
- Round trip hotel transfer in Chiang Mai town
- All bike and safety equipment
- Licensed bike guide
- Lunch, Drinking water
- Entrance fees
- Insurance 50 THB
Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks
Q2J3+H3 Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks : 92, 1-2 Sridonchai Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
What To Expect
From our shop located in the center of the city, our truck loaded with bikes embarks on a journey to the top of Doi Pui Mountain also known as Doi Suthep at an altitude of 1550 m. From here after getting set up, we find our self cruising on bikes down the Doi Suthep National Park on a smooth tarmac road. Our first stop is a Hmong Hill Tribe Village where artwork can be admired and locals going on their way.
After a stop at the Queen Summer Palace at the summit and views to the west of the mountain range, we continue the magnificent must-see Doi Suthep Temple. The 300 steps or a ride in the train separate us now from one of the holiest places 1000m above Chiang Mai. The magnificent temple takes our breath away only to be topped by the fantastic views this location offers of Chiang Mai in the Mae Ping Valley. Lunch never tasted so good at this altitude. Fully refreshed we continue riding downhill Chiang Mai, not without stopping on the numerous lookouts on the way down. This is a great alternative to driving a car to see the heights.
- Passengers have a minimum of 9 years and the biker must be 12 years of age or older.
- Visitors are requested to be dressed properly and appropriately upon entering the temples. The dress code is smart casual.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.