Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho Walking Tour From Bangkok
Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho Walking Tour From Bangkok. The Grand Palace features some of the most spectacular architectures in Asia. The Palace compound is a treasure house for Thai arts and houses the Emerald Buddha, the most sacred Buddha image in Thailand. This is the perfect introduction to Thailand, the Buddhist faith, regal splendor, and tradition. Though no longer the royal residence, it remains the symbol of the kingdom.
- Visit the attractions around the Grand Palace including Wat Phra Kaew-Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Coronation Throne Hall, Royal Reception Hall, Royal Funeral Hall, the Golden Chedi, and the Royal Pantheon.
- Admire the beauty of the Reclining Buddha and learn the history of Wat Pho, the oldest and the birthplace of traditional Thai massage which is still taught and practiced at the temple until today.
- Enjoy more time to take in the beauty and history of the historical landmark with the ticket’s skip-the-line access with an experienced local tour guide.
- Admission fees to the Grand Palace and the Emerald Buddha Temple
- Admission fee to Wat Pho
- Professional licensed guide
- Drinking water
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for the guide (optional)
Tha Maharaj (Maharaj Pier)
Tha Maharaj, Khwaeng Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
- Tha Maharaj (Maharaj Pier): 1/11 Tha Maharaj, Trok Mahathat, Maharaj Road, Praborrommaharachawang, Phranakorn, Bangkok 10200
- The meeting point is right in front of the Starbucks Coffee shop inside Tha Maharaj community mall.
- Accessible by: Local taxi/tuk-tuk. Chaophaya express boat, go to Sathorn Pier by taking the BTS Skytrain to Saphan Taksin Station. Take the blue flag boat from Sathorn Pier directly to Tha Maharaj
What To Expect
The first stop Wat Phra Kaew which is commonly known in English as the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. Admire the brightly colored buildings, golden spires, and glittering mosaics. It is so richly and intricately decorated that, once entering the temple, you will feel as if you are in a real “city of angels”. Be in awe at the great image of Buddha in the meditating position and carved from single jade stone.
After that explore the Grand Palace which was the official residence of the Kings of Thailand. Nowadays, the Grand Palace is still used for official events. Several royal ceremonies and state functions are held within the walls of the palace every year.
Continue to Wat Pho, visit the Temple of the Reclining Buddha. The temple is considered the earliest center for medical public education surrounded by marble illustrations, the birthplace of traditional Thai massage which is still taught and practiced at the temple until today.
- You come by yourself to the meeting point.
- Participants on this tour should note that the chapel is a national shrine and you will be required to wear proper attire: no bare shoulders and knees, or strapless-heel shoes
- Shoes must be removed before entering the temple buildings as a matter of respect
- Photography is permitted in the Royal Palace Grounds and in the compounds of the Emerald Buddha Temple, but not inside the buildings
- Restroom facilities are available
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.