Krabi 5 Islands+Talu Cave Snorkeling Tour by Longtail Boat
Krabi 5 Islands+Talu Cave Snorkeling Tour by Longtail Boat. See why snorkeling is one of Krabi’s most popular outdoor activities on this full-day tour that fits in five different islands and beaches. Glide across the Andaman Sea on a traditional longtail boat, stopping at top snorkeling spots and unspoiled beaches. The route is full of unusual natural features, like a disappearing sandbank, a chicken-head rock formation, and underwater tunnels that you can swim through.
- Explore Krabi’s spectacular geography
- Travel like locals do on a wooden longtail boat
- Swim through the sea tunnels at Talu Cave
- Enjoy a Thai buffet lunch on the beach
Free round trip transfer from Krabi Town, Ao Nang
Lunch , Drinking water, Fruit
Life jacket, Snorkeling mask
First Aid Kit
- Tour Guide
- National Park fee (400THB per adult and 200THB per child) to be paid at point of entry
- Extra transfer charge 100THB per person for Klong Muang and Tub Kaek
Nopparat Thara Pier
Nopparat Thara Pier Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel.An extra charge will be applied for transfer in some Krabi areas. (To be advised)
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows
- Please plan to meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
What To Expect
Krabi 5 Islands+Talu Cave Snorkeling Tour by Longtail Boat, we offer you a specialized island hopping and snorkel tour around the best spots that Krabi has to 1-2 time in the most amazing in the 4 islands area : Koh Yawasam with a great visibility and variety of hard corals and Talu Cave with two swim through tunnels, amazing experience only possible at low tide: rich in white soft corals and with a great school of barracudas. Enjoy also a buffet Thai lunch on a private beach in Poda Island and we have music available included the price!
Koh Kai (Chicken Island) has the feature of limestone mountain emerging from the sea ,when we look at the top of the island there is a sharp rock that looks like a chicken’s head which is an origin of the name of Koh Kai (Chicken Island). The coastline of Koh Kai (Chicken Island) is rockbound. There are many beautiful coral reefs in the west of the island as well and very suitable for diving. The duration of the low tide as called “Talay Waek (Separated Sea)” that we can walk along the beach from Koh Kai (Chicken Island) to the other islands nearby such as Koh Mor (Mor Island) and Koh Tub (Tub Island).
“Koh Tub (Tub Island) and Koh Mor (Mor Island)”, these two islands are small and connected to each other, during the low tide of seawater, it makes us see white fine sandbank (or sandbar) clearly and when it drops to the lowest level we will see Talay Waek (Separated Sea) caused by the connection among three islands namely Koh Kai (Chicken Island), Koh Tub (Tub Island) and Koh Mor(Mor Island). In general, the area of Koh Tub (Tub Island) and Koh Mor (Mor Island) will be a marina of longtail boats and speedboats that take the tourists to Talay Waek (Separated Sea) Krabi. “ Pranang Cave ” which is located on Railay peninsula ,a very shallow and small cave situated on the seacoast at the end of the beach in the south of “Pranang Cave Bay”, inside the cave is the location of Pranang Shrine which the local people love to take Si Va Lueng (Shiva lingam) to worship, there are some stalagmites and stalactites to be seen in the hall of the cave.
The tourists who travel to this bay, not only they have a chance to pay respect, worship Pranang Shrine, but also take a relaxation on beautiful white and light brown sand beach as well and also can swim in clear blue-green seawater in front of the beach too. “Poda Island” ,all three sides of the island are surrounded by the beaches, except the west side there is a steep rocky cliff and encounters the sea wave, the beach in front of the island is white fine sand beach with clear blue seawater and soft sand for walking. The tourists who love to visit the island in order to relax, walk along the beach and swim in the seawater.
Koh Yawasam (Yawasam Island)consists of two islands separated by long and shallow isle and one of the best places for snorkeling.
Talu Island where has the cave under the sea , a small island about 45 metres high with strange rock formations. Literally the name Talu means to pass through and in the centre is a 30-metre hole – the result of natural erosion. Talu Island is home to a large number of swifts which provide the nests essential for the Chinese delicacy, Bird’s Nest Soup.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund
- Remote areas including Klong Muang and Tub Kaek require an additional charge of THB100 per person (payable directly to the driver)
Guests who are pregnant or have high blood pressure, heart disease and bone diseases are not recommended to join the tour
- Free hotel pick up is available for Krabi town and Ao Nang.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child ticket: Age between 4-11 years
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
Similar Things To Do
Disappointing enough to leave the tour
The experience started badly and didnu2019t improve from this point. We had an early pick up time for the driver to be over 30 minutes late to then arrive at the start of the tour and then had to wait a further hour. We then got onto the boat which was full with no seat available for myself or husband. For a trip which says it has a maximum of 15 we had almost 40 people squashed on. The tour guide did his best but kept repeating himself and we felt very time limited. We left the tour on the first stop as we knew this was not how we wanted to spend our last day of our honeymoon. The guide did help us sort a private boat at our own cost and we still got to explore the islands. nnUnfortunately this was a massive let down and we would not recommend.
Tour Guide was excellent, beautiful scenery
We recently had the opportunity to take this tour in Krabi and enjoyed ourselves despite less than desirable first impressions. We were picked up on time and delivered to our long tail boat - there were approx 15 -18 people, more than we had imagined. The tour guide was REALLY good. Khun 'Chim'... He obviously knew his calling and the tour company is lucky to have him. He made the tour successful. We first were dropped off to a nice island beach with WAY too many tourists, people bumping into each other, boats had to move in order to get a place to anchor. Not so good... Then went to a snorkeling area off another island and actually was some of the best water we've seen in Thailand. Next was a lunch on another beach that was surprisingly good... Good Thai food that was fresh and well prepared. Then another snorkeling area, but the visibility was not so good, and then another beach. Altogether worth the money, and Khun Chim made the trip truly enjoyable, great attitude, and knew what he was doing. His customer service skills were excellent... Nicely done Khun Chim!
Perfect trip to see the islands
We were a group of 13 so we had tons of space on the longboat. The guide was really kind and fun, he provided a lot of water and fresh fruits for us. The lunch was delicious (they also had a vegetarian option). We stopped at each stop for just the right amount of time. We loved it!
Very nice tour with awesome operators! Very professional team who made it a fun day. Showed us awesome things like nemo and seacucumbers while snorkeling. nWe did however had to pay an additional 400BHT for the entrance of the national park. And this came as a surprise to us...nnBut, very nice tour!! Enjoyed every second of it!!
Great tour route....bad tour company.
We were told to meet out at the plastics pier at princess resorts (see attached picture). We got there around 9:20. Once 10am rolled around, I called the company to tell them nobody had picked us yet. They told me they would be there without giving a time. E kept waiting. About 10:30, a flustered man came up to us and told us he had been looking for us. We explained to him that we were told to meet there. He was extremely upset and did not believe us, so we showed him the email. He treated us rudely from then on. He apparently was only there to get us to the long tail boat on the other side of the island. Once he did that, we never saw him again. Our frustration with this tour was the sheer lack of organization. My itinerary said that we would be snorkeling by 10am. It was around 11:30 before we ever started snorkeling. The scenery and tour route was beautiful. The guides that took us around were pretty good, but never told us how long we had at each place, so we had to hang around close for fear of being left. I would not recommend this tour company. We started an hour and a half late and waited over an hour to be picked up. Not my cup of tea. We also had to change boats twice before we got driven to a snorkel spot. Whoever got us from the pier yesterday- please stop being rude. Your company needs to get it together.
So much fun.
We were worried about this because of the mixed reviews. While there were lots of people in the boat, it wasnu2019t unpleasant. The tour was loads of fun. Some of the islands were ridiculously crowded (this needs to be controlled!) but our guide, Hawn (not sure about the spelling), took us to some quiet spots too. She was lovely, lunch was great, we had a blast! My kids said it was the best thing we did in Krabi.
5 Islands and Talu Cave snorkeling
Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves throughout the day. Guides were attentive to any needs that we may have and were genuine in taking care of our safety. Instructions were clear and precise.nThe cave was really exciting and we felt a sense of adventure swimming in it, but be prepared for strong currents especially for non swimmers.nThe crew also took us to very beautiful coves for snorkeling, where we could see many colorful corals and marine life.nWould highly recommend this activities with Oh-Hoo
We went on a Monday and it was not very crowded. Transportation to and from the pier was provided. The guides were very friendly and polite. We got about 40 minutes to snorkel at each stop and about an hour and a half to eat lunch and play around on Ko Poda. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking. If you get the chance to do this, definitely do it!
DO NOT DO EVER
The company said theyu2019d pick us up by 10.30, by 1pm they were still not there (see screenshot. They would not answer calls or messages and left us on the pier for HOURS with no explanation. This poor Organization and customer service is just not on - we wasted an entire day WAITING for this stupid trip for them to not even show up with zero explanation for their actions. Absolutely atrocious. Had to contact trip advisor to get involved to try and get us a refund because the company would not respond.
Great day out
We really loved the trip! It was a great experience on the long tail boat, our tour guide was really friendly and would answer any questions you had. We got two rounds of snorkelling each of about 30 minutes which was i felt that was just the right amount of time. After each swim we were given fruit and there was water to help yourself to on the trip. It was a great way to see the really beautiful islands of Krabi. Lunch was also provided and it was really delicious. Unfortunately we didnu2019t get to go into the cave because the water was slightly choppy but they took the safety of the passengers seriously so that was good nThe only negatives I have for the trip- there was quite a lot of people on the one boat and the pick up was about 20 mins later than stated. nApart from that it was a really good trip, great price especially as we were two bag packers on a budget. Highly recommend!