Pig Island Snorkeling & Sightseeing Tour By Speedboat From Koh Samui
Welcome to a Thai version of the Bahamas! Pig Island is a tiny and lovely island. It is located south of Koh Samui and close to Taen Island (Koh Tan or Coral Island). When you come on this island, you will be surprised that some pigs are living here. They came from Taen Island, they swam across the sea to live on this island. We can go to Pig Island by speedboat of the trip that always stops here to relax on the pure white sandy beach.
- Discover some of Samui’s secrets and snorkeling to Pig Island and Taen Island by longtail boat.
- Visit the famous pigs on Pig Island, you can take pictures, feed, and play with these pigs.
- Enjoy the spectacular scenery of the island and enjoy snorkeling with an abundance of marine life in the coral reef.
- Soak yourself in the sunlight and walking on the white sand beach to explore the beautiful beach.
- Enjoy the convenience of pick-up and drop-off direct from your hotel.
- Hotel transfer from Lamai, Butterfly Garden, Chaweng, Bangpor, Maenam, Bophut, Cheongmon, Bangrak
- Lunch(Thai set menu), Soft drinks(water, cola), Fresh fruit
- Life jacket, Snorkeling mask
- Accident Insurance
- Extra Transfer Charge 700 Baht/PAX/Way : Nathon, Taling Ngam, Pagka, Lipanoi, Lipayai
- Admission Fee(50THB per person)
What To Expect
Pig Island and Taen Island are Islands off to the Southside of Koh Samui Island. Both boasting powdery white grains of sand, clear tropical waters offering that dreamy tropical island feel. But what makes Pig Island truly unique are its friendly resident’s wild boars! Soak up in the sun and admire the breathtaking scenery of Pig Island on the horizon, while the boars are roaming around freely. Welcome to a Thai version of the Bahamas!
- There is a minimum of 10 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund
Guests who are pregnant or have high blood pressure, heart disease and bone diseases are not recommended to join the tour
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Child ticket age between 4-11 years.
Most travelers can participate
Near public transportation
Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
Similar Things To Do
The staff were really helpful and friendly. Convenient pick up from hotel. This isnu2019t a fast paced trip which I loved, you got to take everything in. There were many animals on the island not just pigs. Puppies, dogs, chickens! The food was lovely. We didnu2019t get great weather that day but not much can be done about that! Thus snorkelling visibility wasnu2019t the best but still got to see lots of fishyu2019s and coral. Would defo recommended.
Great funs and lots of pigs
We had great time on Pig Island and there were loads of pigs and piglets too. We spent a good few hours on the island and it's a beautiful beach for swimming and kayaking. There beers and food on the island too.n The snorkelling was bit short and was not the main ever as there seemed to be people on the tour who did not want to snorkel and just using the boat as transportation to the island.
Pigs were Fun!
This was an okay fun experience. We had done a snorkeling trip in Phuket earlier in the week and that was amazing, this one didnu2019t quite live up to that one. It is guided but itu2019s just a quick snorkeling trip and then you go to pig island. Pigs are cute but honestly we were just hanging out there doing nothing for a little to long. They do have kayaks available to paddle once your there but again just a little boring.
Pig island boat trip
Good comms , transport to boats was on time & AC was most welcome.nBoats are well maintained & crew helpful.nSnorkelling was disappointing but not anyoneu2019s fault . Pig island was great! And plenty of time there with lunch thrown in ! Take some baht as itu2019s 50 ish for the access to the area
Good trip, but too crowded
With a really short boat trip, we first went snorkelling at a point not far from pig island and after that we moved to pig island for lunch. Actually it wasn't a full day trip since at 2.30pm we already had to get on the boat to go back, I didn't like this very much. There are really too many people on the island, especially in the morning, people should be staggered and maybe half-day trips only! The pigs were very nice, there where many of them wondering freely around the beach. Unfortunately people are rude and there was a lot of rubbish on the sand.
A nice place, cute pigs, worth doing once
We had a nice day on this trip, the island itself was nice and the pigs were fun and cute. nWe spent quite a while waiting to board the boats, the transfer got us the pier well in advance which meant we waited for 30mins for the actual boat. Once aboard we enjoyed a nice stop for snorkelling, although it was very busy as itu2019s clearly a well used spot, sea life was ok but not abundant.nLunch was very good.nThe low point was the service of the on island bar who were rude and unpleasant. However this should not reflect on the trips crew who were very friendly and helpful.nOverall a good trip to a busy attraction.
Pig Island - A must if youu2019re going to Koh Samui
A must when youu2019re visiting Koh Samui. Well organised trip and a quick boat ride. The guide was obviously experienced and spoke good English.nnStop for snorkelling on the way was better than the guide suggested it was going to be. Beautiful spot, decent lunch, plenty of pigs of all sizes to see/pet. Plenty of other tourists too.nnNote the pick up time from your hotel. The booking suggests 10:00 BUT this was the boat departure time. Oops!
Load of garbage.
Very poorly organised. Crowded boat. No snorkeling (due to weather, which I understand is not the fault of the tours but surely something else should be in place to compensate for the price?) There was also no kayaking or walking around the Island. We were told that was going to happen after lunch but nothing did and everyone was sitting around the island just waiting to get back on the boat. The island itself was dirty and the toilets were absolutely disgusting. The animals looked happy enough which was great and they were lovely to hang out with. We felt like the tour guides were making a heap of money out of herding cattle (us) from island to island. A really bad experience and we were just desperate to get back to the hotel. Really dont recommend this as the price is an absolute joke!
Very Poor For Money Paid
We were picked up from the hotel and taken to the boat for around 9:30. Here, we had to wait for 30 minutes until the boat was ready to go. I got the feeling that like us the other parties were eager to just get going as nothing else was really available to do at this point. nOnce on the boat it was like sardines, approximately 40 people on ours. We were told the schedule for the day and that snorkelling wouldnu2019t really be worthwhile because of the weather (not their fault I know but surely think of an alternate plan?). Once the snorkelling was finished we went to pig island. I felt as soon as we saw the pigs we could have left. No insight was provided by the tour guides like why the pigs are there or how many islands make up the archipelago - it was very much like move us to the next stage of the schedule and get it over with. Lunch was very basic for the price paid and you need to expect pigs and stray dogs sitting beside you wanting scraps (I wasnu2019t complaining about the stray dogs, they were all lovely and what got us through the next few hours haha). We thought we might go a walk / possibly do kayaking which was mentioned as an option but there was no kayaking (from what we saw) and it appeared everyone was waiting about to go back on the boat and up the road for a couple of hours. I wouldnu2019t recommend doing this tour to be honest, bit of a waste of time.
Great tour small group, snorkeling very good
Well worth it! Never seen so many fish snorkeling before and all the different varieties of coral. Hotel pick up and drop off very convenient. Right amount of time, 45mins/1 hour snorkeling and about 3 hours on pig island where you could also go kayaking for no additional fee. The meal on the island wasn't great, but they also had loads of fresh fruit so it was fine. I don't know did we just get lucky but there were only about 12 people in our boat so it wasn't crowded at all, we saw other boats arriving with 40+ people crammed. Would definitely recommend this tour. Be aware you cannot pick up the piglets
Pig Island Review
Chill schedules - relaxing time for snorkeling. The gears they provided are not too clear - and they didnu2019t have anti fog spray to fix the problem.nnThe pig island is nice - with quite a few places for people to rest and chill. Lots of pigs - you could feed them watermelon. Most of them wonu2019t go to the water and swim though. Spent some time kayaking as well - water was so clear and clean!
Good half day excursion
Wife is an animal lover and wanted to visit the island. Transfer was on time in air con mini bus. Boat was modern and crew really good. Snorkeling was average due to visibility but we did see 4 different kinds of fish during the 30mins. Island a bit busy but as suggested in the name lots of friendly pigs and puppies about to keep people happy. Included lunch was fine. Plenty of shade. Perhaps stayed 30mins too long on the island before heading back. All in all a good value half day and a must if you love pigs and like a boat trip!
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!
This was the WORST TRIP EVER! They picked up the wrong people without checking it it was me the name who booked it, then we drove all across the island so fast to the pier and then when we arrived the staff got mad on us?? Incredible like I couldnu2019t imagine a more BAD trip then this one. Because they eventually didnu2019t let us on the boat and they just took off right infront of our eyes wauw..