Samui Elephant Sanctuary Experience
Samui Elephant Sanctuary is proud to be the first truly ethical and award-winning elephant sanctuary on Koh Samui in Southern Thailand. The sanctuaries are set on forested land, offering a safe retirement home for elephants who have worked exhausting hours in the logging and tourism industries. We offer tours that provide insights into the nature and importance of these majestic giants, with a unique opportunity to feed elephants, walk with them, and observe them as they forage, socialize, and play in their fabulous purpose-built pool. Join our morning or afternoon program, knowing that you are supporting ethical elephant tourism and helping to improve the lives of Thai elephants.
- Food for feeding elephants
- Accident & travel insurance
- Round trip transfer
- Drinking water
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
Samui Elephant Sanctuary
Samui Elephant Sanctuary, Samui Elephant Sanctuary, Taweerat Pakdee Rd, Bo Put, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up from anywhere in Koh Samui.
- Free hotel pickup from Taling Ngam, Planka, Lipa Noi, Nathon, Bangpor, Lamai, Huantanon, Maenem, Chaweng, Bophut, Choeng Mon, Bangrak, Plai Laem
- An extra charge will be applied for transfer in some Koh Samui areas. (To be advised)
- Please plan to meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows
What To Expect
Our half-day programs offer a memorable experience of spending time with our beautiful herd in a natural setting. The elephants in our care have previously endured a hard life working long hours for tourist’s entertainment or in the logging industry; a stark contrast to the dignified, peaceful lives they now enjoy. The goal of Samui Elephant Sanctuary is to provide a happy home in nature for the herd where they are free to express their natural instincts and receive the care and respect they deserve.
We put the well-being of our elephants first and therefore do not allow rides, shows, bathing, mud bathing, trunk hugging, elephant kisses, sitting on or lying on the elephants, loud noisy groups, or people constantly crowding around them. This ensures that our elephants are free to express natural behaviors, which provides both an educational and fun experience for our guests. To observe elephants interacting naturally, rolling around in the mud, and playing together, is a real treat.
- Child ticket age between 4-10 years.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.