Similan Islands Tour From Khao Lak
Similan Islands Tour From Khao Lak. Islands are a group of small, lush islands situated 64 km. off the West Coast of Phang-Nga province. Set in the beautiful Andaman Sea, and covering an area of 80,000 rai, each one of these naturally perfect islands is National Park-listed and can be reached within 1.30 hours from Thaplamu pier, Khao Lak. Due to their incredible underwater beauty, deep visibility (down to 30 m.), spectacular palm tree and granite boulder landscape, turquoise water bays, and magnificent white sand beaches, Skin Diver Magazine has voted the Similan Islands one of the world’s best diving destinations.
- Visit some of Thailand’s best snorkeling islands with crystal clear water and white sand beach.
- Snorkeling at Stonehenge which is named after the towering rocks that rise from depths of 25m and below.
- Head to Na Beach on Koh Miang (Park Headquarter).
- Enjoy the pristine beach, explore the island, and discover Honeymoon Bay.
- Continue to Bangu Island where the huge granite boulders have tumbled.
- Snorkeling at Christmas Point and, if you are lucky you can watch dolphins frolic in the sea or swim with sea turtles.
- Relish a delicious Thai style lunch.
- Continue to Donald Duck Bay on Koh Similan where you can relax at the beach or hike to the viewpoint.
Snorkeling (Mask, snorkel, fins, life-jacket)
- Transfer from / to hotel.
- English speaking guide
- Fresh fruits and Drink
- Round trip speed boat
- Thai Traditional Food
- National park fee(400THB per adult and 200THB per child) to be paid at point of entry or when you check in your ticket.
Seastar Thap Lamu Pier
H69G+55M, Lam Kaen, Thai Mueang District, Phang-nga 82210, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up from anywhere in Phuket.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows
- Please plan to meet your driver at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
What To Expect
Islands are a group of small, lush islands situated 64 km. off the West Coast of Phang-Nga province. Set in the beautiful Andaman Sea, and covering an area of 80,000 rai, each one of these naturally perfect islands is National Park-listed and can be reached within 1.30 hours from Thaplamu pier, Khao Lak. Due to their incredible underwater beauty, deep visibility (down to 30 m.), spectacular palm tree and granite boulder landscape, turquoise water bays, and magnificent white sand beaches, Skin Diver Magazine has voted the Similan Islands one of the world’s best diving destinations.
The coral reefs are host to a dazzling variety of sea life, appreciated at best whilst snorkeling. The islands’ breathtaking beauty is also easily accessible by foot; making for the perfect self-guided walking tour. Book your trip to Paradise with Fantastic Similan Travel. We are local operators who know the islands well and are proud of all they have to offer. And we are sure to make your trip a truly exceptional experience.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund
Guests who are pregnant or have high blood pressure, heart disease and bone diseases are not recommended to join the tour
What to bring : Passport/ID Card, Swimming suit, Towel, Sunglasses , Sunscreen , Hat, Camera
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child ticket age between 4-11 years.
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
Similar Things To Do
Good trip but donu2019t waste your money on the 2nd floor.
The day for the most part was fun. I do wish it was noted when purchasing tickets that if you purchase the 2nd floor of the catamaran and pay extra for the second you donu2019t actually get to sit up there when going to the islands which are over an hr away. You are stuffed in the 1st floor with everyone with no air flow so make sure you grab a handful of Dramamine if you get even a little sea sick. They have them there like itu2019s candy. Just in jars everywhere. Which is helpful. You can only go up to the 2nd floor when youu2019re not moving but when you are not moving you are snorkeling or swimming or chilling on the beach so you donu2019t actually use the 2nd floor and anyone can go up there. They donu2019t check your tickets. So pointless to spend the extra money for something you will never use. Everything else was good. Ocean was beautiful the rock formations were beautiful and the beach was beautiful. It did seem a little rushed and thereu2019s always a tone of ppl so hard to get good photos without some person walking through it but we still managed to get some. I would definitely bring water shoes. The last beach getting on the boat was rough. The tide went down so the boat couldnu2019t get close to the beach. Sow we had to walk about 20-30 ft into the ocean with rough waves coming in and sharp rocks. Got knocked over and cut my foot open. They took your sandals at the beginning of the trip so you donu2019t have them with you.
Beautiful, well organized but packed in like sardines!
This pains me to write this review because I LOVE the Similan Islands and they are gorgeous! Overall the tour company is organized, friendly and the food was good if you like traditional Thai food and seafood. My biggest issue was with the boat. It was like a tour bus on water. We were packed in like sardines and trying to put sunscreen on and snorkeling gear was VERY uncomfortable. Also, the seats are down below the windows which is horrible for anyone with sea sickness because you canu2019t see outside. My experience with the boat forced me to cancel my trip later in the week with this tour company and rebook another operator. There were families with small children on this tour that left their kids sleeping in the boat seats while they snorkeled. It felt like Disneyland in July.
Great day out
Overall, we had a great day and really enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend!nnPick up was on time and instructions/info once on pier clear. Breakfast while waiting for boarding tasty and varied.nnSeastar provided plenty of food/water/pepsi and very tasty lunch during the trip.nnPlease note that they provide towels as well so no need to take your own.
Hi apart from the boat breaking down mid trip it was a very enjoyable experience. The guides are quite bossy but they need to be as a vast majority of tourists are idiots and Iu2019d like to say a big thank you to Mazy and her crew. Would definitely recommend them and Sea Star
really an amazing view
we were the first arrived similan island. i had chances to enjoy d island and amazing view from the cliff top after about 10 minutes hiked.. same goes to the other spots which is really an amazing view including snorkeling. unfortunately due to cny holiday there was a lots of Chinese mainland in the island who not sensitive with the cleanliness and hygiene. I not really enjoy the tour. may i have to take the same tour but not during peak season. they ruined my holiday.
snorkelling in the paradise of the simillan isles
Really enjoyed this trip staff where great couldnu2019t do enough for us. Iu2019m not a great swimmer so they arranged a tow around for a few of us pointing out all the tropical fish. Really recommend this trip thank you team Spider-Man.
Beautiful day at the similan islands
Snorkelling was amazing, speedboat ride was brilliant, island stops, beaches and water were absolutely stunning. Clearest and bluest sea you will ever see. Alex was a fab tour guide, efficient and interactive, however some other younger staff members not helpful and quite disruptive. Overall would recommend to go as we had a really great day.
Similan island is really beautiful
Although the journey is long to the pier, the guide is really nice. The guide took us to the secret beach which is also worth visiting. The view on top of the sailing boat rock is fantastic. The snorkeling experience is also nice. Sometimes you may also see turtles and dolphin if lucky enough.
Amazing!! What can I say?
A once in a lifetime experience, we have never seen anything like it. nnEverything was professionally organised from pick up, catering, speed boat transportation, staff knowledge etc. nnGaga made the day extremely entertaining and we had the best time.nnWould highly recommend you go to Similan Islands if in Khao Lak as the view is second to none!!!!