Bua Tong Sticky Waterfalls Tour Jungle Trekking Chiang Mai
Bua Tong Sticky Waterfalls Tour. Enjoy climbing & bathing in a fantastic location. Jungle trekking is the greatest way to get close to the nature of Chiang Mai. The Sticky Waterfalls or Bua Tong Waterfalls are well known for their rock formations with a sticky surface. This stickiness comes from a kind of algae in the water, making it very easy and safe to climb up the rocks. These beautiful waterfalls are 60 kilometers north of Chiang Mai city and surrounded by gorgeous rain forests. With this one-day trek, we will focus on visiting the Sticky Waterfalls and follow the trails into the jungle to visit some more remote and unknown waterfalls in the area, and the fascinating Fountain of Seven Colors spring.
- Prepare to climb sticky limestone rock formations, perfect for all levels of adventurers at the Bua Tong Sticky Waterfalls in Chiang Mai
- Swim in the cool clear waters of the waterfall and enjoy having a picnic lunch
- Explore the hidden caves and admire the spectacular system of stalactites and stalagmites.
- Be assisted by friendly local guides with excellent know-how and vast jungle trekking experiences
- Transportation (Round trip hotel transfer in Chiang Mai town)
- Admission fee
- Tour Guide, Life Insurance
- Lunch, Drinking water
- Other personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
3 Rachadamnoen Rd, พระสิงห์ เมือง Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
- All Hotel in Chiang Mai Town
What To Expect
The Sticky Waterfalls get their name from a mineral deposit that is incredibly grippy. In fact, the rocks feel like a hardened sponge. They are callous and even slightly prickly to the touch but surprisingly give a bit under pressure. Since no algae or slime adheres to the rocks, they are the perfect canvas to climb up the waterfall. It is impressively steep in some places, but with the aid of the limestone deposits on the stones, we felt like Spider-Man!
These multi-tiered waterfalls are easy on the eyes and a great way to cool off in Thailand’s heat. They are a challenge to your muscles, though. If you do plan to climb these waterfalls, be prepared to work muscles in your legs and feet you never knew existed. Even if you don’t plan on getting wet clambering over the rocks, there are a couple of hundred steep stairs that take you down the various levels of waterfalls. The surrounding forest floor is coated with moss and small colorful flowers. There are plenty of forest creatures like butterflies and water bugs, and there are even the occasional minnows.
- Child ticket age between 3-5 years.
- This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.