One Day Tour Doi Inthanon National Park From Chiang Mai
One Day Tour Doi Inthanon National Park is always Chiang Mai best seller tour. Explore Ang Ka Nature Trail, a hike in Inthanon National Park which is famous among the locals. Surrounding Doi Inthanon, Thailand’s highest mountain are preserved forests that have now become one of the country’s best parks. It is most known for its beautiful waterfalls and sightseeing viewpoints. Come and breathe in the crisp, cool air in what is sometimes called The Roof of Thailand. The park is named after King Inthawichayanon, one of the last kings of Chiang Mai who had an undying passion for preserving the forests in the north of Thailand. There is no doubt that he would have been proud to see the flora and fauna flourishing and living in harmony in this natural paradise.
- Spend a day at Doi Inthanon National Park and climb up the Roof of Thailand.
- Explore the park’s stunning waterfalls like the Wachirathan and Sirithan Waterfalls.
- Get a chance to spot creatures like serows, wild boars, and gibbons.
- Meet the people of the Karen hill tribe.
- Enjoy northern Thailand’s natural bounty with round trip transfers.
Round-trip transportation by air-conditioned car/minivan from Chiang Mai’s Old Town and Nimman area
Lunch (set menu), drinking water
National Park fee (300THB/Adult and 150THB/Child)
King and Queen Pagodas Admission Tickets (100THB/Adult and 50THB/Child)
Tha Phae Gate
Tha Phae Gate, Tha Phae Road, Chang Khlan Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai’s Old Town and Nimman area.
- Please plan to meet your driver at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows
What To Expect
Take a trip into nature along some of Thailand’s most beautiful trails and mountain paths. Look out over the kingdom from the highest point in Thailand atop Doi Inthanon, Chiang Mai. On the way up we will visit Wachiritharn Waterfalls, The King and Queen Chedi’s, (the best views across the park are found here), and then on to the peak of Doi Inthanon the highest mountain in Thailand. Near the top, we will take the Ang Ka Nature Trail.
There is a 1.3 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mae Chaem that features beautiful wildflowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and nature trips. There are both Karen and Hmong villages in the bounds of Doi Inthanon and we will see those at the local market on the way down the mountain before making our way back to Chiang Mai.
- For visiting the Chedi’s of the King & Queen, You must honor the place by dressing in a casual dress code (or better). No flipper shoes (sneakers, sports shoes, or cut shoes are OK), No tank top (T-Shirt is OK), No short pants (long pair of jeans is OK).
- This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child ticket age between 3-6 years.
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
Similar Things To Do
Maya Bay, Phi Phi Islands and Khai Island Sunset Tour By Speedboat From Phuket
I really enjoyed the store with a smaller group of people and it was a coincidence because most of them are Belgian's young girls who are struggling in the group and it's funny because I live in Belgium also as I'm married to one, so we really do you have a great time. The girls were so engaging and enjoying our tour. We enjoyed it so much our guide Max is very helpful and very informative about the history. All the places we've been. I really enjoyed the local market where I bought a lot of authentic Thai delicacies and it was so delicious. After the local market, we went for lunch and taste a very authentic thai dishes, and it was so convivial because all of us are eating together in a big table and it was so much fun. The last step was to explore the small village somewhere in the rice field and the coffee shop also where they make and roast the local coffee and we had a coffee and tea tasting. Luckily the rain started just we are ending our tour so that's just OK and then we went back to the city just about 4 p.m.
Fantastic guide! He had full of knowledge and made us fun all the time! We had participants from all over the world and we had a great time and got along well soon even if we met for the first time because of the guidesu2019 great assistance! Iu2019d definitely recommend this tour for everyone.
Relaxed tour with nice views
I had a great time. The tour consisted of several nice locations like waterfalls, temple, highest point of Thailand, rice field and coffee village. But it was very engaging because of our guide. She was so enthusiastic that it made the tour even better! Would definitely recommend. Also, the time of 8 hours is more than enough.nBut I would recommend to so it with someone you know. Solo travelers might not find it that nice because most of the time you spend discovering the attractions alone.
Lovely temple visit but don't go if you're expecting hiking
Overall this was a good tour; the highlights were the lovely temple, a market visit and the sit down lunch. It was a stretch to link it to 'hiking' as we rarely hiked for more than 10 minutes, usually just a walk up a hill to see either a waterfall or a sign. The guide, Toon was informative. The driver drove like a maniac, weaving in and out of the lane, speeding and driving flat out over pot holes. Since I spent most of my time in Thailand and Laos on an Intrepid tour I learnt that this is not common, as other mini bus drivers have been much better. It seemed that there was not enough time to get through the crowded itinerary without speeding.
Die Tour war wie in der Beschreibung geschrieben. Wir haben zwei Wasserfu00e4lle, einen Tempel, den hu00f6chsten Punkt und einen Markt besucht und zusammen Mittag gegessen. Der Fahrer kam leider etwas spu00e4t zur Abholung und der Tourguide hat fu00fcr unser empfinden etwas zu viel geredet. Ansonsten kann ich die Tour weiterempfehlen.