Doi Suthep Temple & Bhubing Palace Half Day Tour From Chiang Mai
Visit the sacred Doi Suthep Temple(Wat Phra That Doi Suthep). Visit Bhubing Palace, their majesties, winter palace, and see the delightful gardens. Make the most out of your visit to Chiang Mai when you join this half day tour of Doi Suthep Temple and Bhubing Palace! Doi Suthep is a well-known mountain in Northern Thailand that is also home to Doi Suthep Temple(Wat Phra That Doi Suthep), a sacred site among the Thai people. Wat Phra That has a variety of statues, temples, and beautiful architecture that will give you a peek about the Thai Buddhist culture. You’ll also be rewarded with a breathtaking view of Chiang Mai after a short hike. You’ll then stop by Bhubing Palace, the winter residence of the Thai royal family. Here you can appreciate the magnificent architecture and interiors of the palace as well as its well-manicured garden.
- Visit the sacred Wat Phra That Doi Suthep and enjoy seeing panoramic view of Chiang Mai
- See Bhubing Palace, the Thai royal family’s winter residence
- Transfers from each point are also included in this tour so no need to worry about the hassle of commuting
Round trip hotel transfer within 5km radius of Chiang Mai old town
- Tour Guide
- Other personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
Tha Phae Gate
Tha Phae Gate, Tha Phae Road, Chang Khlan Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
- Please plan to meet your driver at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows
What To Expect
Visit the sacred Doi Suthep Temple and witness breathtaking views of the city atop the mountain. This half-day tour will take you to the most breathtaking sites the city has to offer. Visit one of the most sacred temples, the Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple), seated atop a mountain giving you breathtaking views of the entire Chiang Mai. It was established in 1383 under the reign of King Keu Naone and has a very mystical birth story. A visiting Sukhothai monk had told the Lanna king to create a temple by using the twin of the miraculous Buddha relic. This relic was placed on a white elephant, which wandered the mountain until it died in the very spot that the temple sits. This was interpreted as the “chosen location”. The temple can be reached by a long, and quite strenuous 306 step staircase. For those who aren’t that fit, there is a tram that will take you to the temple.
Follow your tour guide to the next stop, Bhubing Palace, the winter residence of the Thai Royal Family. Be amazed by the abundance of flowers and several different indigenous trees which are unusual to see in most parts of Thailand. Marvel at the feature of Thai architectural style. Take a stroll inside the palace to observe its interiors. Take advantage of convenient hotel transfers and enjoy a cultural and historical experience in Chiang Mai.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Pregnant women and persons with disabilities can join this tour
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress modestly when going to the temples
- Child ticket age between 3-6 years.
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.