Phuket Jungle Trekking Experience at Khao Phra Taew National Park
Phuket Jungle Trekking Experience, If you looking for a tropical rainforest experience. Join us for trekking in the Khao Phra Taew National Park, right in the heart of Phuket. Half-day hiking or full-day hiking, both options are available for a unique trekking adventure. The Khao Phra Taew National Park harbors a stunning tropical rainforest with varied wildlife and 2 lovely waterfalls. The park is largely ignored by tourism, the hiking trails are often almost overgrown by dense jungle, but our professional guides will lead you smoothly through Phuket’s largest rainforest sanctuary, far beyond the public access area of the park. While hiking in this evergreen forest in the heart of Phuket, you might spot a rare Gibbon ape, as this dense jungle is the last natural sanctuary for Gibbons on Thailand’s biggest island. Enjoy the convenience of round-trip hotel transfers for easy travel throughout the tour. This small-group tour is capped at 12 travelers
Free round trip transfer from Kata, Karon, Tri Trang, Patong, Kalim, Kamala, Surin, Bang Tao, Laguna
Fresh fruit and water during the trekking
- National Park fee of 200 baht per person
English speaking, licensed Thai Guide
- Soft drink after the trekking
- Extra Transfer Charge 400 THB/PAX(Roundtrip) : Nai Thon, Nai Yang, Maikhao, Panwa, Layan, Rawai
Khao Phra Thaeo Non Hunting Area : Thep Krasatti, Thalang District, Phuket 83110
Khao Phra Thaeo Non Hunting Area
- Or, you can also get picked up from anywhere in Phuket. An extra charge will be applied for transfer in some Phuket areas. (To be advised)
- You can also get picked up from anywhere in Phuket.
- Free round trip transfer from Kata, Karon, Tri Trang, Patong, Kalim, Kamala, Surin, Bang Tao, Laguna
- Extra Transfer Charge 400 THB/PAX(Roundtrip) : Nai Thon, Nai Yang, Maikhao, Panwa, Layan, Rawai, Naiharn
- Please plan to meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows
What To Expect
Discover the tropical rainforest with this adventurous trekking tour in the Khao Phra Taew National Park. Trek along the beautiful Tonsai waterfall, while admiring the extraordinary tropical vegetation. Hangers, sliders, creepers, giant palms, and huge trees make you feel like an adventurer discovering a lost world. Our expert guide leads the way and is constantly on the lookout to spot red crabs, sweet water shrimps, giant spiders, frogs, snakes, iguanas and so much more. Rinse off the sweat with a refreshing jungle shower under the waterfall, a great photo opportunity, and a lasting souvenir of your trekking adventure.
While you advance trekking higher up the Khao Phra Taew mountain range, you will be rewarded with the world’s unique giant palm leaves, one of the reasons this tropical rainforest is now Phuket’s largest and most important national park. If you are lucky, then you might spot a white-handed gibbon, a member of one of the several gibbon families living in the park.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund
- Sometimes the route changes depending on the weather conditions
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
Similar Things To Do
In The Footsteps Of Giants One Day In The Life Of Phuket Elephant
What a fun hike! You need to be in decent shape as there is some climbing involved, but it's not too strenuous. Our guide, Jodis, was wonderful. We had many opportunities to cool off in the water. You will get wet, wear appropriate shoes! Highly recommend, it was really a great day of exploring the beautiful rain forest with so many waterfalls!
If you love nature just do it
I found the activity through the internet as there was nothing on the activity desks anywhere, I looked.nReally happy we did it as we show the real natural Phuket. Our guide was amazing and the whole activity from star to end AAA. They gave us water fruit and snacks while in the jungle and then took us for lunch in a original Thai restaurant. Everything included the park fee was in the price. Highly recommended.
A hike worth your sweat!
Trekking the jungle in Phuket is an adventure. The nature and wildlife (mostly insects) is incredible! Waterfalls and rock pools on the route.nnBefore you sign up, please note that fitness level MUST be moderate and no difficulties walking. Our group had to send one person back to starting point because it was too difficult to continue.nnThe Guide was amazing! He was funny and very good at explaining how the nature unfolded during our hike.
We liked the tour
The tour guide was very nice and funny and told a lot. Armed with a bottle of water, we went straight into the jungle. It was a good uphill climb but feasible for everyone. The shower under the waterfall is not to be missed. In between there was fruit and a snack and at the end a small lunch.