Advanced White Water Kayaking Mae Wang River Canyon From Chiang Mai
Advanced white water kayaking tour at Mae Wang River, the expert kayaker will love the Mae Wang Canyon, this truly bony canyon offers class 3 and class 4 drops that force you between boulders and leave you breathless at the end unlike the Mae Taeng the water volume here is a bit lighter. Navigate Class I and II rapids, spot elephants at the water’s edge, and search for birds in the lush, tropical forest. Continue into the lower Mae Wang River, where challenging Class III and IV rapids bounce off boulders and riverbanks. The Class III and IV rapids in the lower part of the river are a good fit for advanced boaters, who shouldn’t miss the boulders and white water of the lost canyon.
- Advanced kayaking at the Mae Wang River through untouched Northern Thai Jungle
- Enjoy views of the scenic countryside of the Mae Wang Valley
- Have your English-speaking guide help you through the journey offering safety tips and instruction
- Lunch and hotel pick up/drop off included
- Round trip hotel transfer in Chiang Mai town
- Quality river kayak, all gear, safety equipment, life jacket
- Licensed guide
- Lunch, Drinking water
- River fee and insurance 150 THB
Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks
Q2J3+H3 Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks : 92, 1-2 Sridonchai Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
What To Expect
Enjoy views of the scenic countryside during the drive to the Mae Wang Valley, set in the shadow of Doi Inthanon, Thailand’s highest mountain. The expert kayaker will love the Mae Wang Canyon, this truly bony (rocky) canyon offers Class III and Class IV drops forces you between boulders and leaves you breathless at the end. Unlike the Mae Taeng, the water volume here is a bit lighter.
Follow a course that passes a series of elephant camps, and spot the animals that come to the river to bathe and drink. Look for butterflies, birds and even jungle mammals along the way, and soak up the sun on easygoing stretches of water between the rapids. The Class III and IV rapids in the lower part of the river are a good fit for advanced boaters, who shouldn’t miss the boulders and white water of Lost Canyon.
- The minimum age of passengers is 18 years.
- Only advanced kayakers please, newcomers can join us at the upper part of the Mae Wang with plenty of rapids suitable.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.