Ancient Temples of Ayutthaya and River Cruise with Lunch From Bangkok
Ancient Temples of Ayutthaya and River Cruise with Lunch From Bangkok. See and experience the best of Ayutthaya in this full-day adventure tour from Bangkok. Once the capital of the Kingdom of Siam, and a prosperous international trading port, from 1350 AD. until razed by the Burmese in 1767 AD. The ruins of the old city now form the Ayutthaya Historical Park, an archaeological site that contains palaces, Buddhist temples, statues and has been registered as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Visit the beautiful Bang Pa In Summer Palace and visit important historical sites including Wat Mahathat, Wat Lokayasutharam, and Wat Na Phra Mane.
- Explore several ruins at the Ayutthaya Historical Park and marvel at the area’s former glory from centuries past.
- Listen to your knowledgeable guide share the story of the Burmese invasion that destroyed the city, and hear how this remarkable temple was preserved from the fire.
- Cruise back to Bangkok on White Orchid River Cruise and enjoy the beautiful scenery along riversides while you having buffet lunch on board.
- Air-conditioned Coach
- English Speaking Guide
- All admission fees to Temples
- Thai and International lunch buffet on board
- Coffee break served with refreshments
- Transfer from to the hotel will be charged an additional 250THB/PAX
River City Bangkok
PGJ7+37 Bangkok, Thailand
- River City Bangkok 23 Soi Charoen Krung 24, Talat Noi, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100
- You come by yourself to the meeting point or pick up from your hotel in the following areas: Khaosan, Sathorn, Silom, Siam, Pratunam and Sukhumvit area from Soi 1 to 39 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even)
- Direct pick-ups are not guaranteed for those staying in a guesthouse, condo or apartment. It is advised that you contact the tour operator to confirm if pick-up is possible
- For those staying outside of the pick-up areas, it is suggested that you arrange your own transfer to the River City Shopping Complex
- If you are commuting to River City Shopping Complex, please make sure to arrive around 07:00 am – 07:15 am
What To Expect
- 06:00am – 07:15am Pick up from your hotel or meeting point.
- 08:00am Depart from Bangkok to Ayutthaya.
- 09:00am Explore the ancient capital
- The Bang Pa-In Summer Palace, which is beautifully decorated in both Chinese and European styles.
- Wat Mahathat, Wat Na Phra Mane, and Wat Lokayasutharam to explore the ruins of ancient Buddhist temples, and statues. See one of the iconic images in the city: Wat Maha That’s Buddha head entwined within the roots of a tree. Admire the immense 42-meter long and 8-meter high Reclining Buddha image at Wat Lokayasutharam.
- 01:00pm Board the White Orchid River Cruise at Wat Chong Lom Pier. Onboard, enjoy a delicious Thai or European lunch with desserts, seasonal fruits, coffee, and tea. Sit back and relax as you cruise past the Chao Phraya River banks, enjoying views of famous Thai attractions such as Wat Arun, the Royal Grand Palace, and Rama VIII Bridge.
- 04:00pm Arrive at River City Shopping Complex Pier, transfer you back to your hotel.
- Child ticket: Age between 4-10 years
- Bang Pa-In Royal Palace is still being the place of the royal family. You must honor the place by dressing in a casual dress code (or better). No flipper shoes (sneakers, sports shoes, or cut shoes are OK), No tank top (T-Shirt is OK), No short pants (long pair of jeans is OK).
- This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately.
- This itinerary may be subject to adjustments by the tour operator according to traffic and/or weather conditions.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel an tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.