Bangkok’s Grand Palace Complex and Wat Phra Kaew Walking Tour
Bangkok’s Grand Palace Complex and Wat Phra Kaew Walking Tour. This is the perfect introduction to Thailand, the Buddhist faith, regal splendor, and tradition. Grand Palace, though no longer the royal residence, remains, the symbol of the kingdom. You’ll visit the key attractions around the Grand Palace including Wat Phra Kaew or Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Royal Pantheon, Coronation Throne Hall, Royal Reception Hall, and Royal Funeral Hall.
- Enjoy more time to take in the beauty and history of the historical landmark with the ticket’s skip-the-line access with an experienced local tour guide.
- Explore one of the most important Buddhist temples in Thailand, Wat Phra Kaew, or the Temple of the Emerald Buddha.
- Be in awe at the great image of Buddha in the meditating position and carved from single jade stone.
- Admission fees to the Grand Palace and the Emerald Buddha Temple
- Professional licensed guide
- Drinking water
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for the guide (optional)
Tha Maharaj (Maharaj Pier)
Tha Maharaj, Khwaeng Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
- Tha Maharaj (Maharaj Pier): 1/11 Tha Maharaj, Trok Mahathat, Maharaj Road, Praborrommaharachawang, Phranakorn, Bangkok 10200
- The meeting point is right in front of the Starbucks Coffee shop inside Tha Maharaj community mall.
- Accessible by: Local taxi/tuk-tuk. Chaophaya express boat, go to Sathorn Pier by taking the BTS Skytrain to Saphan Taksin Station. Take the blue flag boat from Sathorn Pier directly to Tha Maharaj
What To Expect
Meet your English-speaking guide at the meeting point. Start the journey by walking 6 minutes from the meeting point to the Grand Palace. Along the way, pass by the amulet market, one of the most famous, historical community markets of Rattanakosin Island.
The first stop Wat Phra Kaew which is commonly known in English as the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and officially as Wat Phra Si Rattana Satsadaram. It is regarded as the most sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand. Admire the brightly colored buildings, golden spires, and glittering mosaics. It is so richly and intricately decorated that, once entering the temple, you will feel as if you are in a real “city of angels”. Be in awe at the great image of Buddha in the meditating position and carved from single jade stone.
After that explore the Grand Palace which was the official residence of the Kings of Thailand. Nowadays, the Grand Palace is still used for official events. Several royal ceremonies and state functions are held within the walls of the palace every year.
- You come by yourself to the meeting point.
- Participants on this tour should note that the chapel is a national shrine and you will be required to wear proper attire: no bare shoulders and knees, or strapless-heel shoes
- Shoes must be removed before entering the temple buildings as a matter of respect
- Photography is permitted in the Royal Palace Grounds and in the compounds of the Emerald Buddha Temple, but not inside the buildings
- Restroom facilities are available
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.