Chiang Mai White Water Rafting 10km On The Mae Taeng River
The best Chiang Mai White Water Rafting 10km on the Mae Taeng River has to offer. Benefit from the services of expert guides and certified high-quality equipment for your safety and comfort. Northern Thailand is the perfect location for exciting whitewater. With its warm, tropical weather, steep mountains, and beautiful scenery, the Mae Taeng is the nexus of fun in northern Thailand. Join us for an unforgettable adventure as we tackle the mighty and untamed Mae Taeng River, paddling our way through endless grade 3 and 4 rapids. Each trip is supervised by experienced guides and dedicated safety personnel, ensuring that our international standards of safety are upheld. Our daily expeditions cater to all levels, whether you’re an experienced adrenalin junkie or a first-time paddler!
- Experience the adventure of a lifetime on this rafting trip with expert guides.
- Immerse yourself in Thailand’s breathtaking scenery and experience the fast flow of the Mae Taeng River.
- Maneuver your raft around canyons and rapids on this 10km journey.
- This trip is a great experience for everyone, beginners are also welcome.
- Healthy Thai Buffet Meals & Refreshments
- International standard safety equipment
- Experience guide and crew members
- Round-trip transfer service
- Other personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
Tha Phae Gate
Tha Phae Gate
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
- Please plan to meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows
What To Expect
Calling all thrill-seekers to take your Chiang Mai adventure to a whole new level with this white water rafting activity! As Thailand’s fastest-moving river, the Mae Taeng guarantees an exciting adrenaline-packed journey through turbulent rapids and wild waters. After a convenient pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel and a riverside lunch, the professional guides will fit you into the protection gear and show you the world-class rafting equipment you’ll be using. Awarded by the Thailand Tourism authorities and with experts on and offshore, you’re guaranteed to experience maximum excitement in the utmost safety. Laugh and scream in delight as you face the stormy rapids, navigate through rocky obstacles all whilst winding through gorgeous jungle scenery and past picturesque rice fields.
- Children between the ages of 7 and 12 are welcome to accompany their parents on the raft, but we ask that they skip the 2km stretch of class IV rapids as they can be to dangerous for small children.
This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately.
On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
Similar Things To Do
Fun way to spend the day in Chiangmai!
Our driver and main guide Tom was friendly and funny! His English was excellent and his experience(15years) showed as he was very professional and knowledgeable.nnHe picked us up from our hotel, stopped a couple more time for additional passengers, and then we got to the main base camp in about an hour. After a thorough safety briefing, we were off into the river in our rafts. The experience was exciting and fun. Each boat had another guide and ours was Bank. He was super nice and a pro at steering the raft. The rapids were fun but I wish there were more as we had a great time!nnAfter the rafting, we had lunch of fruit, pad thai noodles, and drinks(water, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate). Then we enjoyed some time hiking to a few waterfalls from the top of which you could slide down. That was very enjoyable as well!nnOverall a great experience and the guides, especially Tom, made it a great way to spend the day in Chiangmai! Khob khun jaow!
Mike who picked us up at the hotel was within time frame they provided. All staff's English was good and easy to understand. The guides were funny and very knowledgeable. We were provided a safety lesson that was easy to understand. All participants were provided and fitted for life jackets and safety helmets. The lunch was very good. nThe 2 other ladies I was with and myself really enjoyed this excursion, I have already recommended it to other people.nThe only complaint we had was the rafting was too short.nnAnne Agern
We had an amazing day doing the White Water Rafting experience. It's a very well organised event you get picked up from your hotel, once arrived you are given lunch with water or coke to drink. There's toilets and a place to change before being given a safety brief, and then you're in the water. At the other end, there are showers and more refreshments and all your personal gear that is driven down to the end point for you.nnI can not recommend this experience enough. All of the staff take great care of you. The guides are very experienced and capable, as well as being fun and good-natured, which makes the whole experience even more enjoyable. Your enjoyment and safety are clearly a top priority to them.nnIf I were to do this again, I would 100% go with the same company I can't fault them.nnThank you once again for an amazing day!
Experience was worth it. River guides gave very thorough safety instructions, and having kayak rescue with us made me feel safe the entire time. The rafting was exciting, there were some rapids that had a bit of a drop in the middle section which made it worth it for the adrenaline junkies. The meal was enjoyable and nutritious, although I wish it was after the rafting rather than before. If you consider going, remember to bring a towel; there is a place to shower at the end of rafting but no towels are provided.
Absolutely made my Chiang Mai trip
These people know what theyu2019re doing and it shows, itu2019s incredible how well they know this river. It was very comforting how prepared they were for every rapid and every scenario. Besides the logistics, these guides are hilariousu2014 overall, incredible experience, grateful to have come across this company.
Nice balance of exciting and fun
Very well organised and great fun. Our skipper was excellent as were the rest of the team combining thrills, with fun, whilst always safe. The river was not at its highest but enough water to provide some thrills on the way down. The guides are very professional and know the river inside out and had a good sense of humour.