Damnoen Saduak Floating Market & River Kwai Bridge Tour From Bangkok
Browse the colorful of Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and visit the River Kwai Bridge, best known for its Death Railway Train since World War II. Explore Thailand’s busiest floating market. Ride a longtail boat toward Thailand’s biggest floating market. Enjoy the local atmosphere and observe all various goods and souvenirs being sold at the market. Try the restaurants alongside the river, or enjoy the street food made by locals on their boats! Enjoy the bridge on the River Kwai scenery! Learn about Thailand’s involvement in World War II, one of the country’s darkest eras. Visit the bridge spanning the River Kwai, built by Allied Prisoners of War, and the insightful Railway Museum.
- Visit Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and experience the colorful scene of vendors selling products from their boats.
- Discover WW2 landmarks including the Death Railway, essential to Thailand’s history and culture.
- Travel back in time and recapture Kanchanaburi’s triumphs and tragedies on the River Kwai Bridge.
- Be escorted by your professional yet friendly guide fluent in English on this full-day tour.
- Round trip transportation by minibus
- Longtail boat riding fee
- English-speaking guide
- Drop off Khaosan Road Only
- Paddle Boat or Rowing Boat: 150 Baht per person (optional)
- JEATH War Museum Admission 40 THB
Chana Songkhram Metropolitan Police Station
20 Chakrabongse Rd, Talat Yot, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200
Asia Hotel Bangkok
296 Phayathai Rd, Thanon Phetchaburi, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
88 Soi Sukhumvit 19, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Chana Songkhram Metropolitan Police Station : 74 Chakrabongse Rd, Talat Yot, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200
- Asia Hotel Bangkok : 296 Phayathai Rd, Khwaeng Thanon Phetchaburi, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
- Terminal 21 : 88, Soi Sukhumvit 19, Sukhumvit Road Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in the following areas: Khaosan, Silom, Sathorn, Sukhumvit (Soi 1-24), Asoke, Pratunam.
What To Expect
This most interesting excursion brings you to the rural floating market of Damnoen Saduak, situated 100 kilometers west of Bangkok. A short long-tail boat ride offers glimpses of a rural lifestyle along the canals of this province. Continue to Kanchanaburi for a photo stop at the famous bridge over the River Kwai. After lunch, visit the Thailand Burma Railway Center, an interactive museum, information, and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand Burma Railway. The fully air-conditioned center offers the visitor an educational and moving experience. Then visit the two well-kept war cemeteries, which contain the graves of an estimated 9,000 allied soldiers who lost their lives while building the bridge and constructing the notorious Death Railway which the Japanese had hoped to stretch all the way to the Burmese (Myanmar) border.
- Child ticket: Age between 4-7 years.
- You come by yourself to the meeting point or pick up from your hotel in the following areas: Khaosan, Silom, Sathorn, Sukhumvit (Soi 1-24), Asoke, Pratunam.
- Send you back to Khaosan Road Only (Khao San Road is a famous destination for a backpacker).
- This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately.
- This itinerary may be subject to adjustments by the tour operator according to traffic and/or weather conditions.
- Some vendors at the market may convince you to buy their goods at the “tourist price”. Please feel free to negotiate for the price you feel comfortable with. You don’t need to buy any goods, actually.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.