Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour From Bangkok
Damnoen Saduak Floating Market consists of a maze of narrow khlongs (canals). Female traders, often wearing traditional mo hom apparel (blue farmers’ shirts) with wide-brimmed straw hats (Ngob) use sampans (small wooden boats) to sell their wares, often produce. These boats are often full of vegetables and colorful fruits that are photogenic, and these images are used for tourism promotion. The market is often the busiest in the morning from 07:00 am to 09:00 am and is active until noon. Explore the market waiting for the train, Maeklong Railway Market is spread out on and next to the railway tracks. Customers walk on the railway track looking for something to buy from the shops on either side of the track. Several times per day a train rolls in at a low speed. When the driver sounds the horn, the vendors quickly pick up and remove their wares to make way for the approaching train. Immediately after the train has passed the canopy roof is raised back and it’s business as usual.
- Train ride, Longtail boat fee to the floating market
- Bottled water, cold towel
- English-speaking guide
- Extra transfer charge 300 THB/Pax from Silom, Sukhumvit, and Pratunam
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Bangkok
River City BANGKOK
PGJ7+37 Bangkok, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up. There is a transfer service for Silom, Sukhumvit, and Pratunam, pay extra directly to the driver 300 baht/person (round trip).
What To Expect
Meet a small group of people at the meeting point in downtown Bangkok by 08:50 AM and board an air-conditioned van and drive about 45 minutes to Ban Na Kwang train station to take a local train to Maeklong Railway Market. Wonder at the intricacies of this market workings and people. This market is nicknamed Talat Rom Hup in Thai which means the “umbrella pulldown market”. It is one of the largest fresh seafood markets in Thailand and is centered on the Maeklong Railway’s track. Whenever a train approaches, the awnings and shop fronts are moved back from the rails, to be replaced once the train has passed.
After exploring the Railway Market, you will continue to visit Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. When you arrive at the market, see the amazing array of vendors in their boats, selling fresh products, from fruits and vegetables to prepared dishes. Explore the floating market at your leisure for about an hour and take time to try some authentic Thai foods, such as Pad Thai, Mango Sticky Rice, Boat Noodles or Coconut Ice Cream sold along the canal. Meet up with your guide to head back to the meeting point in Bangkok, where you will arrive around 02:30pm – 03:00pm.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund
- You come by yourself to meeting point. There is a transfer service for Silom, Sukhumvit, and Pratunam, pay extra directly to the driver 300 baht/person (round trip).
Dress code is smart casual and the minimum age is 5 years
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
Similar Things To Do
Well worth a look - Watch for the scam.
Expecting to be delivered to a tourist focused excursion I was pleasantly surprised by the realness of both the Train market and the floating market. The fresh market along the railway was very good and by no means a display for the tourists. Our experience at the flower market was similar, riverside trading, paddle boat ride and surrounding tourist market were all of a high standard. Buy souvenirs, a coconut pancake, plate of fresh fruit or a beer as you drift along the canals. Paddle boat pricing can be negotiated and is better once you move away from the carpark. As a couple through a tourist office on Khaosan road we arranged a private driver to take us to both (750BHT pp). The drive time is at least 90 minutes each way in reasonable traffic. Everything was good until we got to a carpark ~ 3km from the Damnoen Saduak floating market where the boat guys wanted another 4000 BHT to take us to the market, more if you wanted to see the Elephants as well. It took us the next 15mins and google maps to convince our driver to take us to the floating market carpark where entrance is free and the only additional cost is incurred if you want to get in a paddle boat. For this we paid 300BHT for both of us.
Pga priset 5000 baht fu00f6r bu00e5ten och 1250 baht fu00f6r taxin su00e5 blev det pu00e5 tok icke vu00e4rt resan.
En upplevelse som bara gu00e5r ut pu00e5 att shoppa vu00e4ldigt turistiskt, tyvu00e4rr su00e5 har vi rest fu00f6r mycket fu00f6r att uppskatta detta, men som ny i Thailand su00e5 u00e4r det nog roligare.