Doi Inthanon Cycling Downhill Road Bike Above Thailand – Chiang Mai
Ride from the top of the highest peak in Thailand, on this Doi Inthanon cycling tour. 90% of this route is done downhill on tarmac making it an easy choice for even the most inexperienced cyclists. Here you will hop on a bicycle for an exhilarating 25 kilometer downhill descent. The ride through Doi Inthanon National Park—nicknamed “the roof of Thailand”—is filled with stunning backdrops including forests, waterfalls, and lush tropical landscapes. There will be plenty of photo opportunities during this tour.
- Downhill bike ride through Doi Inthanon National Park
- Bike tour includes the use of bicycle and helmet
- Professional guide and lunch included
- Transfers from each point are also included in this tour so no need to worry about the hassle of commuting
- Round trip hotel transfer in Chiang Mai town
- All bike and safety equipment
- Support vehicle during the ride
- Licensed bike guide
- Lunch, Drinking water
- Entrance fees
- National Park fee
- Insurance 250 THB
Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks
Q2J3+H3 Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks : 92, 1-2 Sridonchai Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
What To Expect
A 2 hrs drive gets us by truck to Doi Inthanon to the highest mountain in Thailand. After a cool drive through the Park, we arrive at the summit 2565 m elevation. A must-do short hike at the summit stretches us and gives us the lay of the land, Then it’s downhill on mountain bikes to the 2 famous Pagodas near the summit.
After a visit to this holy site, we continue downhill to the most amazing waterfalls. The ride is on an easy road so plenty of chance to enjoy the surroundings. Lunch is at altitude, in fresh clear air. The ride continues now with a few challenges uphill through endless forest and river views. We stay on our bikes until we reach the valley floor at 370m elevation. This is in our opinion the best way to see this National park. Arriving at the Valley floor we drive back to Chiang Mai.
- The biker must be 12 years of age or older.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.