Doi Suthep Pui National Park Hiking From Chiang Mai
Doi Suthep Pui National Park Hiking Tour, It’s a great activity for tourists visiting Chiang Mai. Climb to the 1650-meter and experience the way monks live in the northern region. This National Park was established in 1981. It was not only to protect the surroundings of the temple but also the diverse forest ecosystems of the mountain. Doi Suthep provides a magnificent green backdrop to Chiang Mai. The park boasts several waterfalls: Huay Kaew, Montathan, Mork Fa, Tad Mok, Mae Sa and Mae Yi waterfalls. It is one of Thailand’s most rewarding peaks, with highland jungle and hill tribe contact.
- Spend a full day in the highland jungle of Doi Suthep-Pui National Park.
- Trek ancient monk trails to Wat Suthep Temple and beyond.
- Walk in the footsteps of hill tribe hunters and gatherers as you near Doi Pui Summit.
Round trip hotel transfer in Chiang Mai town
Lunch, drinking water & seasonal fruits
Tour Guide, Life Insurance
- Excluded National Park & Lake fee
- Insurance 250 THB
Tha Phae Gate
Tha Phae Gate, Tha Phae Road, Chang Khlan Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
- Please plan to meet your driver at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-show
What To Expect
After being picked up in the morning from your hotel in Chiang Mai city, you will head towards your local hiking adventure. 2 hours after beginning your ascent, you will reach Wat Doi Suthep at the 1650-meter mark. Here you will start to traverse through the highland jungle and the old Hmong Hill Tribe Village near the summit of Doi Pui which you will reach after your 3rd hour. After a hearty lunch at the village and an approximate 1-hour climb, you will tackle the summit of Doi Pui peak. Here we get to enjoy 360 degrees views of the Mae Ping Valley.
The trip will be completed by a climb with a 30-minute downhill stroll to the Doi Pui Campgrounds, where your ride back awaits you. Refreshed with cold drinks and snacks, you will then head back to the comfort of Chiang Mai, but not before making a stop at Wat Suthep to marvel at this rich temple which was built centuries ago in 1383.
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.