Doi Suthep Temple and Sticky Waterfall One Day Tour From Chiang Mai
Visit Doi Suthep Temple and Sticky Waterfall (Bua Tong Waterfall) in a one day tour. Doi Suthep Temple is located on top of the mountain and overlooking Chiang Mai city from above. Doi Suthep Temple (Wat Phra That Doi Suthep), more often known as Doi Suthep, is a Buddhist temple on Doi Suthep mountain. It’s one of the most sacred sites in Thailand, receiving hundreds of thousands of visitors and pilgrims every year. Bua Tong Waterfall near Chiang Mai is a small and beautiful, multi-tiered waterfall made of limestone and mineral deposits. It has been nicknamed the Sticky Waterfall because the limestone creates enough friction to stop slipping, so making it very easy to climb up the waterfall (with the help of ropes). The limestone is slightly rough but it isn’t painful to step on and forms an interesting bubbly pattern. There are 5 different levels to experience and steps on the side of the waterfall leading all the way to the bottom. Most people walk to the bottom and then climb up the waterfall to the top. On a hot and humid day, the water is cool and refreshing.
- Visit the sacred Wat Phra That Doi Suthep and enjoy seeing panoramic view of Chiang Mai.
- Enjoy a unique climbing adventure at the Sticky Waterfall (Bua Tong Waterfall) and swim in the cool clear waters of the waterfall.
- Be assisted by friendly local guides with excellent know-how and vast climbing experiences.
- Transfers from each point are also included in this tour so no need to worry about the hassle of commuting.
- Transportation (Round trip hotel transfer in Chiang Mai town)
- Admission fee
- Tour Guide, Life Insurance
- Lunch, Drinking water
- Other personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
3 Rachadamnoen Rd, พระสิงห์ เมือง Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
- All Hotel in Chiang Mai Town
What To Expect
Get picked up from your hotel or accommodation in Chiang Mai and drive up the curvy mountain roads to Doi Suthep National Park. You will visit the most important temple here. Walk up 306 steps (or, if you prefer an easier method, take a funicular ride) to the temple, which sits at 1,100 meters above sea level.
The famous golden pagoda is stunning and the temple contains the relic of the Lord Buddha. Here, you’ll also have the chance to get a holy blessing from a Buddhist monk and participate in a wrist tiding ceremony. From the balcony, enjoy a panoramic view of Chiang Mai. Next, you’ll continue to Sticky Waterfall (Bua Tong Waterfall). Swim around the clear water or climb the sticky limestone and enjoy the gorgeous natural scenery. On the way back to Chiang Mai city, you can also stop at an orchid farm.
- Child ticket age between 3-5 years.
- Please dress modestly when going to the temples
- This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.