Elephant Care at Samui Elephant Home
Welcome to Samui Elephant Home. We plan to build the very first elephant hospital on Koh Samui. You will have an opportunity to participate and engage in hands-on elephant care through feeding and communing with our elephants to observe they’re natural behavior. Participate in bathing with elephants, discovering the advantages of elephant dung for organic paper production, and visit our elephant nursery for sick animals. Our primary caregivers are veterinarians and officers from the Department of Livestock Development. We can all assist in elephant care by supporting sincere and beneficial ethical tourism.
- Visit our project to build the first elephant hospital in Koh Samui
- Learning the natural habitat of elephants and getting to know how they live in the wild.
- No riding, no hooks, and no chains mean no animal cruelty – the ideal way to interact with these lovely animals
- Travel hassle-free with a roundtrip transfer from anywhere in Koh Samui to the sanctuary
- Lunch/ Dinner vegetarian foods and seasonal fruits
- Welcome drink includes coffee and tea
- Professional English speaking guide
- Surprise video after the program
- Snack during the program
- Food for the elephants
- Round trip transfer
- Full insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
Samui Elephant Home
Samui Elephant Home Na Mueang, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up from anywhere in Koh Samui.
- Free hotel pickup from Bangrak, Chong Mon, Maenam, Pralann, Bophut, Chawaeng, Nathon, Bang Po, Lipanoi, Plangka, Lamai
- An extra charge will be applied for transfer in some Koh Samui areas. (To be advised)
- Please plan to meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows
What To Expect
Samui Elephant Home was established to help, care for, and conserve elephants as well as returning them to their natural habitat to increase the Asian elephant population in Thailand. This project was launched because Koh Samui has no elephant hospital or clinic that can provide comprehensive care for elephants. The project also offers opportunities for the general public to learn and participate in elephant conservation. At Samui Elephant Home, you can experience how elephants live and play an active hands-on role in caring for their natural well-being.
The major mission of Samui Elephant Home is the preservation and conservation of elephants that are now an endangered species through the loss of their natural habitat. We rescue elephants in need and provide food and good care in a suitable environment. We are committed to providing education to help people understand elephants better and find a way of living together to save elephants from extinction.
- Child ticket age between 5-11 years.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.