Floating Market Halfday Tour At Damnoen Saduak From Bangkok
A floating market is a market where goods are sold from boats. Damnoen Saduak is the most popular floating market in Thailand, great for photo opportunities, food, and for giving you an insight into a bygone way of life. This half-day Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour brings you to a unique market where locals sell their products on their paddle boats! Get on a long-tail boat through the village to see their real lives. Being an important transportation route since the King Rama IV era, the Damnoen Saduak canal is famous for its Floating Market where the locals and neighboring people come to trade their products on paddle boats. After more than 150 years, the market is still alive and becomes one of the most popular attractions near Bangkok.
- Experience the famous Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, known for its maze of canals and considered one of the most popular floating markets located only 1.5 hours from Bangkok.
- See market scenes that have been featured in many movies. The canal chase scene in The Man with the Golden Gun with Roger Moore as James Bond filmed at the market, and the 2008 movie Bangkok Dangerous starring Nicolas Cage, as well as the scene at the market.
- Long tail boat riding fee
- English-speaking guide
- Drop off Khaosan Road Only
- Round trip transportation by minibus
- Food and beverage
- Pay an extra 150 THB. if you want to ride on the paddled boat (30 minutes)
River City BANGKOK
PGJ7+37 Bangkok, Thailand
- River City BANGKOK : 23 Soi Charoen Krung 24, Talat Noi, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100
- Or, you can also get picked up. There is a transfer service for Silom, Sukhumvit, and Pratunam, pay extra directly to the driver 300 baht/person (round trip).
What To Expect
Visit the floating market, a top attraction located only 1.5 hours from Bangkok, and experience the colorful scene of vendors selling products from their boats. You will discover that life on the water is another side of Thailand. Goods are bought and sold on boats. You will board a fast long-tail boat, which will bring you through the narrow Klongs (canal) to the market. From here you will see many small boats, where the Thai people try to sell their goods, some Thai people even prepare food on their boats.
- Child ticket: Age between 5-10 years.
- You come by yourself to the meeting point.
- There is a transfer service for Silom, Sukhumvit, and Pratunam, pay extra directly to the driver 300 baht/person (round trip).
- The dress code is smart casual and the minimum age is 5 years.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.