Full Day River Kayaking Tour Into Mae Taeng Forest From Chiang Mai
Full Day River Kayaking Tour, paddle into a serene landscape of Mae Taeng Forest, jungle-fringed rivers, buffalo enjoying in the water, singing exotic birds. The mighty Ping River here a playful large Creek gives a handful of opportunities to practice our art of river navigation. Because of its mild consequences but challenging nature of this terrain it is a favorite for newcomers to the sport. The Mae Ping river’s cool water keeps the immediate environment at a comfortable temperature. The final destination the Mae Tang Forest Reserve ads a continuous alley of large overhanging trees keeping us in the shade. The absence of civilization reminds us how quiet nature can be without modern life present.
- Full-day kayak trip on the Mae Ping River in Mae Taeng Forest Reserve.
- Learn to kayak with an experienced guide.
- See the everyday local life and native wildlife in their natural environment.
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your Chiang Mai hotel.
- Round trip hotel transfer in Chiang Mai town
- Quality river kayak, all gear, safety equipment, life jacket
- Licensed guide
- Lunch, Drinking water
- River fee and insurance 150 THB
Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks
Q2J3+H3 Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks : 92, 1-2 Sridonchai Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
What To Expect
This full day river kayaking tour starts with hotel pickup from your Chiang Mai hotel in the morning. On arrival at the launch site on the Mae Ping River, get paddling instructions from your guide in your single or double kayak. After some practice, it’s an easy entry at the river flow. The river terrain gets a bit more challenging as you navigate between the sandbanks and shore, newcomers to the sport will find the vessels very stable.
The cool water keeps the immediate environment at a comfortable temperature and the absence of modern civilization provides a tranquil setting. Get a glimpse of rural life — you’ll spot the occasional fisherman casting a net into the Mae Ping or a farmer herding water buffaloes — and watch for native and migrating birds that thrive in this protected region. Pause for a snack on the riverbank, then kayak to your final destination in the Mae Tang Forest Reserve where a canopy of overhanging trees offers shade. Here we enjoy a freshly cooked Thai meal in a mango plantation restaurant. Afterward, you’re driven back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
- The minimum age of passengers is 3 years.
- Children up to 12 should be in a double kayak with a strong adult paddler.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.