Half Day Chiang Mai City Culture Cycling Tour
Chiang Mai City Culture Cycling Tour. It’s a half day cycling tour that takes you through and around the rich cultural centre of Chiang Mai. We bike as much as possible over quiet roads and small lanes passing beautiful temples and colorful markets while seeing local people continue their daily activities. We ride through small back roads and alleyways around and through the centre of Chiang Mai. Visit Wat Chedi Luang, which was built in the 14th century. Thailand’s most revered Buddha statue, the Emerald Buddha, used to reside in this temple. Our Chiang Mai City Culture trip continues to the outer circle of the centre, passing through a fresh and flower market where we see the most beautiful flowers of the North.
- Discover the charms of Old City Chiang Mai by biking the back lanes and alleys – off the beaten path!
- Enjoy an experience that allows you to view both the modern city and the ancient temples
- Visit the most beautiful temple of Chiang Mai, Wat Phra Singh. The temple houses a very important Buddha statue: the Phra Buddha Sihing.
- It’s both a wonderful sightseeing tour and a great educational opportunity for travelers with children
- Bicycle & bicycle helmet
- English speaking guide
- Delicious Thai meal/snack
- Water or soft drinks during the excursion
- Transportation to/from attractions
Recreational Chiang Mai Biking
QX4R+JC Pa Daet Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Recreational Chiang Mai Biking : Baan Nai Fun 1, 135/157, Soi 9, Pa Daet Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Mai District, 50100
What To Expect
During this ride of 25 KM, we bike as much as possible over quiet roads and small lanes passing beautiful temples and colorful markets while seeing local people continue their daily activities. We stop at a silversmith who fabricates beautiful jewelry in different shapes and sizes. We visit the adjacent Silver Temple to see the monks keeping themselves busy making decorations of alloy used for the renovation of this temple.
Visit Wat Chedi Luang, which was built in the 14th century. Thailand’s most revered Buddha statue, the Emerald Buddha, used to reside in this temple. Nowadays this Buddha statue can be found in Bangkok’s Wat Phra Kaew. After shooting pictures of this remarkable Chedi we will stop for a refreshment at the Chiang Mai Women’s Correctional Institution. Not too far from here we make a stop at the most visited and most beautiful temple of Chiang Mai, Wat Phra Singh.
Our Chiang Mai City Culture trip continues to the outer circle of the centre, passing through a fresh and flower market where we see the most beautiful flowers of the North. We cycle further and cross the river and stop for another refreshment at a local market. Here we have more time to explain you about, and taste some exotic fruits and/or local snacks. After this stop we take a surprising route back to our office. With a lot of new impressions you return to your hotel!
- Child ticket age between 6-11 years.
- Infant ticket age between 1-5 years.
- You come by yourself to the meeting point.
- Visitors are requested to be dressed properly and appropriately upon entering the temples. The dress code is smart casual.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.