Kayaking – Ping River From Chiang Mai
Admire the beautiful scenery of Doi Suthep as you kayaking on the Ping River paddle through Chiang Mai’s ancient city. From the waterway, the town shows its green side with colonial-style villas. Travel the barter route, boats used, to reach Chiang Mai. The River Ping flows smoothly as it nears Chiang Mai 13 km north is our starting point, It’s a peaceful large river that drifts towards the city. With only long wide turns this is good beginner territory, great for bird watching and viewing local village life encroaching on the river.
- Kayak the ancient Ping River and see the everyday local life
- Learn to handle river currents with an experienced instructor
- Get back to peaceful nature
- Lunch and hotel pick up/drop off included
- Round trip hotel transfer in Chiang Mai town
- Lessons in kayak maneuvers and river current basics
- Sit-on-top kayaks that are highly maneuverable and equipped with a backrest
- White-water kayaks that are provided with spray skirts
- Quality river kayak, all gear, safety equipment, life jacket
- Licensed guide
- Lunch, Drinking water
- River fee and insurance 150 THB
Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks
Q2J3+H3 Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks : 92, 1-2 Sridonchai Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
What To Expect
The River Ping flows smoothly but swiftly as it nears Chiang Mai 32 km north is our starting point, it’s a peaceful large river that drifts towards the city. With only long wide turns this is good beginner territory, great for bird watching and viewing local village life encroaching on the river. For beginners or those dropping out, there are bridges (pickup points) along the way where our driver will retrieve us. For those with special time constraints, the 3 hr city kayak section (still looks like country) is the best bet (please mention in special conditions on the booking sheet what you prefer)
- The minimum age of passengers is 6 years.
- Children up to 11 should be in a double kayak with a strong adult paddler.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.