Long Neck Village, White & Blue Temple, Black House Day Tour
Visit Long Neck Village and the three most famous temples in Chiang Rai. The Black House(Baan Dam Museum), White Temple(Wat Rong Khun), and Blue Temple(Wat Rong Suea Ten). Chiang Rai is the most Northern Province in Thailand. It is bordering Myanmar and Laos at the famous golden triangle and home of the fantastic White Temple, Longneck tribes, and Mekong River. Chiang Rai has a lot to offer for those who love art, culture, and scenic landscapes. We will take you on a day trip to visit these places and show you the beauty of Thai Buddhist art.
- See the beautifully eerie and intricate Wat Rong Khun, also known as the White Temple, designed by National Artist Chalermchai Kositpipat.
- Visit the Blue Temple and marvel at its magnificent blue interior with a large white Buddha.
- Stop by the Black House, a museum and the home of National Artist Dr. Thawan Duchanee, and see its incredible interiors and bone displays.
- Visit the Union of Hill Tribe Villages, where the diversity of hill tribes comes together.
Round-trip transportation by air-conditioned car/minivan from Chiang Mai’s Old Town and Nimman area
- Lunch, drinking water & seasonal fruits
- Tour Guide, Life Insurance
- Admission fee
Tha Phae Gate
Tha Phae Gate, Tha Phae Road, Chang Khlan Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
- The exact pick-up time will be confirmed by email after you have made the booking.
- Please plan to meet your driver at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows.
What To Expect
Be captivated by the incredible sights of Chiang Rai in this day’s exploration. Start your day with a relaxing immersion at the Mae Kajan Hot Spring, then head to Wat Rong Khun, the spectacular White Temple is known for its hauntingly beautiful blend of cultural and contemporary details. Designed by Thai National Artist Chalermchai Kositpipat, the temple features an entrance with outstretched hands, a Predator jutting from the ground, as well as a number of other pop culture references within the dazzling white structure. Then head over to the Blue Temple, which is new and relatively undiscovered. The lack of crowds is just an added bonus, though, as the temple boasts a beautiful vibrant blue color.
Stop by for a buffet lunch at the restaurant, then head off to the Black House, a museum, and also the home of the National Artist Dr. Thawan Duchanee. There you’ll find a complex of dark and eerily designed buildings, filled with bones, skulls, fur, and feathers, displayed and arranged as though an exhibit, but also as homely ornamentation. It’s a fascinating immersion in the Thai north, one that captivates with its beauty, as well as its mystery.
- For visiting the Wat Rong Khun Temple, You must honor the place by dressing in a casual dress code (or better). No flipper shoes (sneakers, sports shoes, or cut shoes are OK), No tank top (T-Shirt is OK), No short pants (long pair of jeans is OK)
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour
- This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund
You can choose to finish the program at Central Plaza at Chiang Rai to stay there, but your bag should be small
- Please note that Chiang Rai is far away from Chiang Mai, so this trip involves a long drive in the minivan
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child ticket age between 3-6 years
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.