Mae Wang Jungle Kayaking Rock Hopper Trip From Chiang Mai
Come join one of our Mae Wang Jungle Kayaking trips in Chiang Mai! Whether you want to have a scenic trip on a lake or go down a wild river while watching elephants drinking at the shore, we got it here. Navigate Class I and II rapids, spot elephants at the water’s edge, and search for birds in the lush, tropical forest. Flowing in the foothills of Doi Inthanon, the Mae Wang River will give you a good taste of fun rapids and jungle kayaking. Class I and II rapids will make this a great playground for sports-minded and motivated beginners. As a bonus to this already great kayaking trip, you will be able to spot local elephants!
- Kayak the Mae Wang River through untouched Northern Thai Jungle
- Enjoy views of the scenic countryside of the Mae Wang Valley
- Have your English-speaking guide help you through the journey offering safety tips and instruction
- Lunch and hotel pick up/drop off included
- Round trip hotel transfer in Chiang Mai town
- Lessons in kayak maneuvers and river current basics
- Sit-on-top kayaks that are highly maneuverable and equipped with a backrest
- White-water kayaks that are provided with spray skirts
- Quality river kayak, all gear, safety equipment, life jacket
- Licensed guide
- Lunch, Drinking water
- River fee and insurance 150 THB
Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks
Q2J3+H3 Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks : 92, 1-2 Sridonchai Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
What To Expect
Just 45 minutes south of Chiang Mai flows the Mae Wang River. At the start of the rainy season when it fills, kayakers get a taste of great jungle kayaking. There is a 3 to 4 hrs trip that a sports-minded and motivated beginner kayaker can handle, class II rapids, and plenty of jungle to navigate around make this an interesting challenge, a seasoned river kayaker will enjoy the drops and waves and turns, the beginner is learning in best conditions.
As an added bonus we pass several elephant camps observing them getting bathed in the river as we glide by. Local bamboo rafts keep us on our toes and challenge our navigational skills. The rapids are a breeze for the seasoned kayaker and a great place to learn for the motivated student. This is one of our more active trips and rests assured we keep a close eye on the water levels for our beginners.
- The minimum age of passengers is 12 years.
- Children up to 11 should be in a double kayak with a strong adult paddler.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.