One Day Kayak Mae Ngat Valley Crossing on Ping River From Chiang Mai
One Day Kayak Mae Ngat Valley, the 32 km stretch on the Ping River, crossing the Mae Ngat Valley calls for a challenge. The easy flow allows the fit sports enthusiast to practice river kayaking and get a super workout. Motivated beginners and advanced kayakers alike enjoy the unspoiled nature along the upper Mae Ping River. The interesting contours keep challenging us. The creek-like features of the river force us to adhere to its path, making this a great place to improve and learn the art of river kayaking. The swift waters help us across the valley faster and easier.
- Kayak the Ping River through untouched Northern Thai Jungle
- Experience the fantastic scenery surrounding Mae Ngat Valley
- Have your English-speaking guide help you through the journey offering safety tips and instruction
- Lunch and hotel pick up/drop off included
- Round trip hotel transfer in Chiang Mai town
- Quality river kayak, all gear, safety equipment, life jacket
- Licensed guide
- Lunch, Drinking water, Vegetarian available
- River fee and insurance 150 THB
Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks
Q2J3+H3 Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks : 92, 1-2 Sridonchai Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
What To Expect
The Mae Ngat valley crossing is a challenge by distance and requires good condition and stamina. The full 32 km course is only recommended in and around the wet season due to better flow. Motivated Beginners and advanced Kayakers alike enjoy the unspoiled nature along the upper Mae Ping River. The interesting contours of the river are at first challenging. The creek-like features at the time force the paddler to adhere to its path, making this a great place to improve and learn the art of river kayaking.
The swift (seasonal) waters help us across the valley. A quick snack at the Mid Valley Bridge gives us the strength to continue to the Mae Taeng forest reserve. The river widens here and the second half of the trip seems easier and certainly faster. Only accessible by boat it rewards us with a great appreciation for the region’s solitude and serenity. The Mae Taeng Forest Reserve is the best jungle kayak section of the trip and well admired. The Mae Taeng dam stops us and a well-deserved lunch awaits us at the restaurant in the Mango Plantation.
- The minimum age of passengers is 6 years.
- Children up to 12 should be in a double kayak with a strong adult paddler.
- In any case, if your booking isn’t matched with reality when you show upfront (such as child’s age, child’s height, the number of people and etc), you are responsible to pay the additional charge upfront for the tour.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.