Private Longtail Boat to Pig Island Tour From Koh Samui
Private Longtail Boat to Pig Island Tour From Koh Samui. Pig Island or Koh Madsum has a lovely long white sandy beach. Here you also can relax on the beautiful beach or swim in the clear seawater. If you want to relax also have the shade of the tree on the island. If you are hungry, there is a bar that you can order some drinks and food too. When you come on this island, you will be surprised that some pigs are living here. They came from Koh Tan, they swam across the sea to live on this island. Here is a new trendy spot to explore! The trip by longtail boat takes about 15 – 20 minutes each way from Koh Samui to Pigs Island.
- The boat charter will standby there for you until enough time. (Maximum within 4 hours using the boat and standby time)
- Visit the famous pigs on Pig Island, you can take pictures, feed, and play with these pigs and enjoy the spectacular scenery of the island.
- The private longtail boat is suitable for a group of a maximum of 8 people.
- Enjoy the convenience of pick-up and drop-off direct from your hotel.
- Life jacket, Snorkeling mask
- Accident Insurance
- Drinking water
- Hotel Transfer
Thong Krut Pier
CX94+VWV, 4170, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
- Or, you can also get picked up from anywhere in Koh Samui. An extra charge will be applied for transfer in some Koh Samui areas. (To be advised)
- If you’re staying at private accommodation, please contact us as soon as possible and provide a contact number for the property you are staying at. Alternatively, let us talk to one of the staff members who work at the property.
- We will provide you with an exact pick-up time confirmation once we receive your reservation.
- Please plan to meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
- Please note that an address is insufficient to locate a property on Koh Samui.
What To Expect
Koh Madsum has recently become famous for its Island pig family, no longer is it named Koh Madsum but Pig island. A fantastic trip for families with children and travel onboard a traditional Thai longtail boat. But what makes Pig Island truly unique – are its friendly residents – wild boars! Soak up in the sun and admire the breathtaking scenery of Koh Samui on the horizon, while the boars are roaming around freely. The water is clear and calm, while the surrounding coral reef is vibrant.
Pig Island is an incredible day trip. With a white sandy beach and some lush interior, including mangrove forests, there are few eco-adventures to undertake in Pig Island as well. Kayaking along the shore, you may come across some rare birds and elusive monitor lizards. You can even reach Koh Tan, the second secluded island in the vicinity, offering even more remarkable snorkeling, trekking, and wildlife exploration. Welcome to the Thai version of the Bahamas!
Guests who are pregnant or have high blood pressure, heart disease and bone diseases are not recommended to join the tour
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
Similar Things To Do
Maya Bay, Phi Phi Islands and Khai Island Sunset Tour By Speedboat From Phuket
The absolute epitome of unstainable tourism
The only reason this is getting two stars is because the pigs appear to be healthy and well fed.nnOtherwise, avoid.nnTourism is a key industry for Thailand, but so many stakeholders don't care about doing it sustainability.nnThe island is absolutely filthy. Garbage and plastic everywhere. No waste management or recycling. No running water. The coral reef they take everyone to is dead.nnI'll give the Philippines' Duterte some credit. They shut down Boracay because of the environmental damage from over tourism and told them to get their act together. Thailand is ruled by a literal military junta, so why don't they do the same?
Love Pig Island but not the snorkeling
The pig island itself is very nice to visit at afternoon timing, guess there is not much of people there at this timing. The sand is white and very nice to take lot photos. The pigs are there, lot big and small one, very cute and fun to feed them. Snorkeling point was not good, water not clear perhaps the timing issue, manage to saw some fish but visibility is very low or else it could be quite ok.
Avoid at all costs
An awful experience. We snorkelled first and it was underwhelming, too many boats, who couldnu2019t care less that their anchors were hooked into coral. No fish and coral was dead. Too many tourists standing on what coral was left. Arrived at pig island and was hassled to pay an extra 50 baht per person to be on the island. It was filthy, full of litter, certainly not what you expect from an island experience. We left after 30 minutes as it was so depressing, I honestly donu2019t know why anyone would rate this a five star, it was a waste of an afternoon and left me feeling very sad. Avoid at all costs.
Fantastic, must do experience
Wow! Magical. We were able to spend 2 hours on the island. We saw lots of pigs and piglets. It was amazing to spend time with them as they wander around freely. The beach is also beautiful and the sea clear. What an experience, highly recommend!
We loved Piggy Island
A definite must see when in Koh Samui. The island has clear clean water and white sand beaches, itu2019s a short boat trip from the port in Koh Samui. The pigs on the island are a great novelty. You can purchase food for the pigs to hand feed them (you canu2019t use your own food) which is a cool experience and great photo Op. Recommend getting to there as early as possible (before it gets too hot) - as the pigs in the morning will follow you to the waters edge, in the afternoon you will be lucky to get them to move!!!
Delightful Island that can be reached on a day trip longtail boat from Thong Krut pier in Taling Ngam village (Ban Thong Krut). The boat can bring over 10+ people and will stop at Koh Tean for some snorkeling too. They provide snorkeling equipment and water. They sell beer but it's expensive so bring your own with ice to chill their cooler boxes. These islands have really nice views, beaches, and clear waters, it's definitely worth it. The sea can be rough on windy days so either plan with wind or bring medicine if you are sensitive to seasickness.
Schattige varkens, wel alleen vanaf het bordje voeren!
Het is heel erg leuk om naar het eiland te varen en de varkentjes te zien. We waren als tweede groepje, dus het was nog heel rustig.nDe dieren zien er goed verzorgd en tevreden uit. Je kunt ze ook voeren, een zakje voer kost 50 baht. Je krijgt er een bordje bij. Gebruik dit bordje ook, al is de verleiding groot om ze ook uit de hand te voeren. Onze zoon is daarbij (per ongeluk) in zijn vinger gebeten, waarna een bezoek aan het ziekenhuis nodig was (en nog 4x daarna ivm de noodzakelijke rabiu00ebsvacccinatie)nHet lag niet aan het varkentje dat dit misging, maar een wat dringendere waarschuwing om alleen van het bordje te voeren was wel prettig geweest. nWe zijn goed geholpen verder.
Sehr guter Service, es wu00fcrde auf unsere individuellen Wu00fcnsche Ru00fccksicht genommen. Sehr freundliches und zuvorkommendes Personal. Pig Island ist fu00fcr Familien ein tolles Erlebnis, auch das Schnorcheln hat uns sehr viel Spau00df gemacht. Sehr zu empfehlen.