Railway Market and Floating Market Half Day Tour Near Bangkok
See the Maeklong Railway Market on a working train track, and buy fresh produce from a Thai long-tail boat at the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. This half-day tour from Bangkok brings you to two amazing local markets that are like no other! Maeklong Railway Market, also known as Train Umbrella Market, or The Folding Umbrella Market. See how the market gives a way to trains that pass through the market 4 times a day! Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, see how local people have been trading their products on paddle boats for more than 150 years.
- Take a tour at 2 of the most popular markets in Bangkok complete and air-conditioned transfers.
- Weave through Damnoen Saduak Floating Market’s maze of vendors, the largest and most popular floating market in the country.
- Ride long-tail boats down Damnoen Saduak Floating Market’s river, populated by numerous stalls of local goods, delicacies, and fireflies at night!
- Watch a train pass through the middle of a bustling market at the Maeklong Railway Market.
- Train ride, Longtail boat fee to the floating market
- English-speaking guide
- Bottled water, cold towel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Bangkok
- Extra transfer charge 300 THB/Pax from Silom, Sukhumvit, and Pratunam
River City BANGKOK
PGJ7+37 Bangkok, Thailand
- River City BANGKOK : 23 Soi Charoen Krung 24, Talat Noi, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100
- Or, you can also get picked up. There is a transfer service for Silom, Sukhumvit, and Pratunam, pay extra directly to the driver 300 baht/person (round trip).
What To Expect
Travel to the most famous and photogenic market outside of Bangkok. Arrive at the market and immerse yourself in the hustle plus bustle of local life. Discover the many street vendors and train tracks crossed through the market. See how they pull back their specially designed awnings when the train comes in and reopen after the train passes. Remember to move fast when the warning bell goes off because the train is coming in a few minutes!
- Child ticket: Age between 5-10 years.
- You come by yourself to the meeting point.
- There is a transfer service for Silom, Sukhumvit, and Pratunam, pay extra directly to the driver 300 baht/person (round trip).
- The dress code is smart casual and the minimum age is 5 years.
- On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel the tour. We will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.