Whitewater Kayaking On The Mae Taeng River Full Day Tour Chiang Mai
Adventure with whitewater kayaking and rafting in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Learn about basic, intermediate, advanced kayaking techniques on the Mae Taeng River. Whitewater Kayaking is a relatively new sport in Thailand, but quickly growing popularity in the West. Northern Thailand is a perfect outdoor paradise and ideal for whitewater kayaking trips and Instruction. During the rainy season, raging rivers tumble out of the tropical mountains of this region providing some excellent whitewater waiting to be paddled. We run daily whitewater kayaking trips and a whitewater kayak school-based from our private camp and homestay on the Mae Taeng River.
- Kayaking down 10 km on Chiang Mai’s beautiful Mae Taeng River.
- Several whitewater kayaking activities will provide you with multi-dimensional training and experience.
- Enjoy stunning Chiang Mai’s nature: green valleys, magnificent hills and exotic fauna.
- World-renowned professional coaches guarantee your safety throughout the activity.
- Healthy Thai Buffet Meals & Refreshments
- International standard safety equipment
- Experience guide and crew members
- Round-trip transfer service
- Other personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
Tha Phae Gate
Tha Phae Gate
- Or, you can also get picked up from your hotel in Chiang Mai town.
- Please plan to meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from your hotel, you may be considered a no-shows
What To Expect
We offer an unforgettable adventure with our imported kayaks and internationally trained kayak guides. Our whitewater course is ideal for this new and exciting sport, with spectacular scenery and action-packed grade 3 and 4 rapids. With plenty of experience under our belts on several continents, we feel quite at home on this river.
In The rainy season (July to September) The river offers larger flows with big holes and waves. In the cold and dry season (October to March) the river offers lower water more technical boating. Some steep sections with lots of drops and moves to make give the Mae Taeng a creeky feeling, great for boosting your technical or creek boating skills!
This is a joint tour, the operator will be picking up each guest in order, so please kindly wait patiently at your hotel. If waiting for too long, please contact the operator immediately.
On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
Not wheelchair accessible
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking completed.
- In the case that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- You can present either a printing or a mobile voucher for this activity.
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
- Scheduling can change due to weather conditions without prior notice. You will be notified in advance.
- Due to bad weather the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.